New Game Suggestion...

Anything else! Ideas for new games, gossip, chat, jokes etc...
Cpom

New Game Suggestion...

Post by Cpom » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:03 pm

Ok.. when BBS's first came out I got addicted to StarDock. It was a multiplayer turn based game with zero graphics... Just for kicks I've thought for years that it would be fun to write a browser based version of that game for multiplayer use. Think about it, it could be played on smart phones, PDA's and PC's. Anything with a browser... I would have some basic graphics to assist with play.

Sean, I would think it would be a lot of fun to write and you could dabble in online play with a game that can be played with minimalistic graphics...

There are others supposedly doing the same thing

http://www.sylien.com/twt/news.htm

Father Vic

Post by Father Vic » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:53 pm

Many many board and card games could be turned into a PC game. Quite a lot of them are already. Like for instance Formula D?, Naval Battles, Memoir'44 through VASSAL, Settlers of Catan, Carcassonne, HeroScape (although maybe only the demo for the board game), Cluedo, ...

At home I sure have some more I would like to play as a PC version. But I've also got some totally new suggestions, not based on board games.

Some months back I've created a strategy cycling game. I'm sure it has potential. Don't hesitate to contact me. :)