[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - What language does Sean use?

What language does Sean use?

Anything to do with programming games...

What language does Sean use?

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:01 pm

Postby Old Man Johnson » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:15 pm

My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby Fighter_Ace » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:25 pm

Fighter_Ace

Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Postby Sean OConnor » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:29 am

I just use C because that's what I learnt years ago and I don't see any benefits for me personally of using C++. If you want to learn to program though I'd recommend trying out something like MS Visual Basic first.

If you want to see my whole history of games programming look at:

Sean OConnor

Postby Garnier » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:10 pm

Visual basic is definitely a good place to start. You can do easy simple and useful things like making dice rollers and such. You also learn about how programming works like cause-effect, arrays, objects, and all that stuff.
Garnier

Postby Fighter_Ace » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:25 pm

Ok, thanks for the insights. BTW, do you work VB Garnier?
Fighter_Ace

Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Postby Garnier » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:13 am

Sort of, but I doubt I'm better at programming than you.
Garnier

Postby n-drx » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:55 am

n-drx

Postby n-drx » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:11 am

Sorry, but I couldn't help posting this song I heard of time ago. :lol:
This topic is about programming languages, so I hope it won't be too much off topic. :oops:

Write in C
(sung to The Beatles "Let it Be")

When I find my code in tons of trouble,
Friends and colleagues come to me,
Speaking words of wisdom:
"Write in C."

As the deadline fast approaches,
And bugs are all that I can see,
Somewhere, someone whispers:
"Write in C."

Write in C, write in C,
Write in C, write in C.
LOGO's dead and buried,
Write in C.

I used to write a lot of FORTRAN,
for science it worked flawlessly.
Try using it for graphics!
Write in C.

If you've just spent nearly 30 hours
Debugging some assembly,
Soon you will be glad to
Write in C.

Write in C, write in C,
Write In C, yeah, write in C.
BASIC's not the answer.
Write in C.

Write in C, write in C,
Write in C, oh, write in C.
Pascal won't quite cut it.
Write in C.

EDIT. Here's a longer version:
n-drx

Postby cptrootbeer » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:59 am

If you wanted to see a little VB code, I may open up the source code of my game. www.maddoxlabs.com/downloads It's a simple strategy game. If you want to contact me for code, use the e-mail address on that site.
cptrootbeer

Postby Edgar » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:46 pm

Sorry my Bad English! I speak in Portuguese!

Edgar

Postby Son Johan » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:51 pm

*sigh* Humans...
Son Johan

Postby sid6.7 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:02 am

sid6.7

Postby cptrootbeer » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:50 am

cptrootbeer

Postby alex s » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:05 am

Looking at Sean's programming history...its nice to see another old-school 68000 assembly programmer!! ....hard work indeed

But you should consider getting on the asp.net c# bandwagon...this would make distribution to mobile devices sooo much easiser, for example.
alex s

Next

Return to Programming