Game Creation & Sharing

Anything to do with programming games...
Fighter_Ace
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Game Creation & Sharing

Post by Fighter_Ace » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:08 pm

Adam here, I invite you to check out my latest game!

- Title: "Blockade"
- Goal: Get to the end all in one piece while raking in as many points in the meantime.
- Controls: Please refer to the in-game help.
- Game Author: Adam Bulcock
- Graphics & Icon Artist: Adam Bulcock
- Progress: {||||||||||} Still needs more levels and features!

Screenshot:

Download:
Miror 1

Please post your question, ratings, or comments! Or, if you have a game, please share it with us and post it here!
My thanks and best regards to all my former submitters.

sid6.7

Post by sid6.7 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:00 pm

i'll try it looks good...

i odnt have any GAMES yet but i have some simple
cheesy FREE RPG like tools (text programs) in qbasic
done...

you can see here: www.cruzan.info/comp/comp.html

i have 2 text based games in the works (war for a server,
and war for PBEM) but its gonna take a few more months to
finish them...

then im gonna try like frawsty to make some GM games
did you make this in GM?
if you run..you'll only die tired

Fighter_Ace
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Post by Fighter_Ace » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:15 pm

sid6.7 wrote: then im gonna try like frawsty to make some GM games
did you make this in GM?
Yeah, I used GM. It was quite easy for the most part. It took me around maybe... 7 days to make. Did you try it? If you did, please share your review. There is a download link in the post.

Fighter_Ace

Post by Fighter_Ace » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:01 am

- Warning! Don't expect this game to be anything awesome. It was my first game ever! I had originally made it for testing reasons only. I guess you could call it an experimental.

And remember... read the in-game help. You'll be sorry if you don't! Heh heh :P ! If you don't, you'll eventually find out what ruins the game!

BoxZone_Author

Post by BoxZone_Author » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:46 pm

If you're looking for games there is always BoxZone at

www.btinternet.com/~boxzone

The difficult (and interesting) bit is the creation of chalangeing levels. The first few are very easy to ease you into the game. By level 7 you should have to re-start a few times.

Fighter_Ace

Post by Fighter_Ace » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:59 am

Did you make this from scratch? Wow!

BoxZone_Author

Post by BoxZone_Author » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:47 pm

Yes. It's based (very heavily) on BoxWorld. Once I had finished all 100 BoxWorld levels I was so addicted I had to make more.
It began as a simple text based game and the graphics grew.
Now I enjoy creating new levels as much as solving them.

I concentrate on making more levels rather than on making it a Windows based game or on making the graphics slicker.

Fighter_Ace

Post by Fighter_Ace » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:35 pm

BoxZone_Author wrote:
Yes. It's based (very heavily) on BoxWorld. Once I had finished all 100 BoxWorld levels I was so addicted I had to make more.
It began as a simple text based game and the graphics grew.
Now I enjoy creating new levels as much as solving them.

I concentrate on making more levels rather than on making it a Windows based game or on making the graphics slicker.
That's actually quite smart. I mean, think about it. If you had great graphics but only 10 levels... that would be terrible. This way, you keep the game rolling and keep it entertaining. Kind of like chess.

Garnier

Post by Garnier » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:52 am

I am working on a game in visual basic called "ORG"

So far I have a random map function, 8 players and a map editor plus other features, but I have only worked two days on it so its not near completion. It will have troops, and you will invade and make empires.

The number underneath the 8 player colors is the value of the territory my cursor was hovering over. It will affect income and how many troops and structures can be made there

Fighter_Ace

Post by Fighter_Ace » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:31 am

Wow! I see lots of potential in that game. Could be like a Slay remix but better! Can't wait for the demo :) ! (If you are going to have one)

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:20 am

Garnier wrote:I am working on a game in visual basic called "ORG"

So far I have a random map function, 8 players and a map editor plus other features, but I have only worked two days on it so its not near completion. It will have troops, and you will invade and make empires.

The number underneath the 8 player colors is the value of the territory my cursor was hovering over. It will affect income and how many troops and structures can be made there
very neat looking look forward to seeing it...2 days...wow...

Garnier

Post by Garnier » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:56 pm

This morning I worked on the random map algorithm so now it makes more large land and sea areas instead of just swamps.

Actually this game started with my dad over ten years ago and it was called conquest. So I was lucky to start with the source code to draw hexes and the mini map.

Thanks for your interest!

Jon

Post by Jon » Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:39 pm

That looks really good.

If you want someone to do some betatesting, I have quite a bit of experience with VB

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:43 am

Any chance you can share the main process you developed for the hex generation ? I'm very curious about that one.

Jeff

Garnier

Post by Garnier » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:15 pm

Here is the actual code used to draw the hexes:

Sub drawHexagon(box As Control, ctr As pointDef, ByVal terrain As Integer)
Static pt(6) As pointDef

pt(1).X = ctr.X - hexW
pt(1).Y = ctr.Y

pt(2).X = ctr.X - (hexW / 2)
pt(2).Y = ctr.Y - hexH

pt(3).X = ctr.X + (hexW / 2)
pt(3).Y = pt(2).Y

pt(4).X = ctr.X + hexW
pt(4).Y = ctr.Y

pt(5).X = pt(3).X
pt(5).Y = ctr.Y + hexH

pt(6).X = pt(2).X
pt(6).Y = pt(5).Y

box.FillColor = QBColor(terrainColor(terrain))
z = Polygon(box.hdc, pt(1), 6)

End Sub

-------------------
What it does is draw 6 points in relation to each other, then draws a polygon connecting them all. Then repeat that for each hex.