[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Suggested Enhancement

Suggested Enhancement

A card game full of devious twists and turns

Suggested Enhancement

Postby collier » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:59 pm

Sean,

I purchased Niggle a few days ago and have become quite addicted so far. I have only one request / suggestion, which is that you might add a feature that enables the user to select different game "profiles". By "profile", I mean how many hands comprise a game, how many cards comprise each hand, and which hands are "no trump" hands.

I say this because the version of "Oh, Hell" that I play with my friends starts with one card, goes all the way up to thirteen cards (which is the one and only one "no trump" hand), and then back down to one card again. So, a game consists of 25 hands.

I've heard about many other variations from other people. So far, your game play "engine" seems very good, but I think some people may be put off if they can't configure the "profile" to match the way they are used to playing. Although I didn't let this difference prevent me from buying the game, I'd prefer to be able to configure the game to play the way I'm used to. I'm guessing the profile thing wouldn't be too hard to implement now that you've already got a good engine.

Perhaps these profiles could be set up in a way that's somewhat similar
to the way you set your starting position in "The General". You could ship a standard set of profiles, but the user could also define new ones.

Regards,
Mark
collier

Postby Sean OConnor » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:54 pm

I've added a whole set of pre-configured arrangements to the latest version. You can't change them yourself but there should be a good enough selection there to keep most people happy.
Sean OConnor

Return to Niggle