[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Wish List for iphone / ipod touch / ipad version

Wish List for iphone / ipod touch / ipad version

A card game full of devious twists and turns

Wish List for iphone / ipod touch / ipad version

Postby copthorneking » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:13 am

Hi Sean,

Firstly, thanks for bringing this to the App Store - I'm really enjoying the game which I have played 'live' for many years.

Would it be possible to include any of the following 'enhancements' in a future update?

1. Indication of who is going to 'lead off' shown before the bidding starts - I feel this is quite important (although, I've just realised this is apparent by watching the bidding order - duh!).
2. Ability to play 1-10-10-1 (or maybe any desired formation)?.
3. Ability to vary the number of players (I used to favour 5 players, 1-10-10-1).
4. In settings, an option to allow any dealer bid when there's only one card.
5. Choosing AI ability? (Easy, Standard, Difficult)?
6. This is a tricky one I'm sure - abitlity to have more humans playing using wi-fi.

Just one little 'niggle' (excuse the pun) - I don't like the way it states "Position = 1st" before anything's happened :(

Please let me know your thoughts on all this!

Copthorneking
copthorneking

Postby copthorneking » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:22 pm

I now realise that "Position = 1st" means Equal or Joint 1st.
I just took it the wrong way! :oops:
copthorneking

Postby Sean OConnor » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:02 pm

I've sent off a new version to the AppStore (so it'll take a week before it goes live). I've added your 1-10-10-1 game scheme. The problem with adding any game type is just down to trying to figure out how to cram all the user interface that would be needed onto the tiny iPhone screen.

The option to let you make any bid is already there. Go to the settings page and select the "Last bidder cannot..." option to No.

The problem with having 5 players is how to fit them all in on the screen! 4 players is convenient on the device's rectangular screen.

It wouldn't be too hard for me to add different AI levels, but I wasn't sure how I'd alter the high score table then. Maybe any game on a harder level would be a better score than a lower AI level?

I'd like to add networking to all my iPhone games but I just haven't found time to learn how to do it. When I get some spare time that's one of the things right at the top of my wish list.
Sean OConnor

Postby copthorneking » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:33 pm

copthorneking

Postby ricaluanna » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:59 am

ricaluanna

Postby ajnoomane » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:30 pm

A networking to all the games is the best deal for this. The game is great so it is good to play all with friends here. Anyway, 4 players are better for rectangular screen of the iPhone.
| |
ajnoomane

Postby david49 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:48 pm

Hi Sean,
Did you manage to add the networking to your iphone games, let me know how you got on with it, i'm very interested in networking so a reply would be great.

Thanks
David

david49

Postby Sean OConnor » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:28 pm

I've spent the last few months working on Windows Slay but I'm starting to get back into the iPhone games again. I'll try and figure out networking.
Sean OConnor

Return to Niggle