Online SLAY game play anyone?

Conquer the island
SlayWaster

Online SLAY game play anyone?

Post by SlayWaster » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:13 pm

Wondering if there are still any slay-ers around that want to play against a human instead of computer? Years ago (2005-2007) a group of us used to play quite frequently but somehow it all slipped away. I've been wondering if anyone is still around from those days or if anyone new is around wanting to play online.

Sean created the game lobby that allows Slay to show anyone waiting to play online. Just request a network game and it shows the lobby. Sean even put in a permanent server that would host the game meaning you didn't have to worry about the right firewall settings to be a server yourself. Yet I've been waiting for long time periods and no one has shown up making me think no one is looking at it. (Actually I've seen two names in the last few days but never if them were there when I tried to connect.) So I figured I'd have to come to the forum (although I wonder if anyone is looking here either). I realize Slay itself hasn't been updated in some time (well, he did do mobile and steam versions but none of them support online play) but I still think it is an enjoyable game and a good waste of time.

SO anyone around with the desktop version (5.0u) wanting to play a game? I'll check back occasionally online as well as here on forum to see if anyone has a suggested time to meet. (I'm east coast USA)

SlayWaster

Re: Online SLAY game play anyone?

Post by SlayWaster » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:25 pm

Well that was a bit disappointing, I got a good number of message views but no replies and only one game played, and that not until the 2nd (thanks Titan).

I was home all this past week during the Christmas/New Year holiday period and was waiting online a lot of that time but none of you decided (or were unable) to join me. Unfortunately tomorrow (Monday 4th) it is back to work leaving very little time to play. I'll still check in occasionally but it will mostly be on the weekends. If you'd like to schedule a game, drop a reply please; I'll try and check this board occasionally too. As stated I'm east coast USA time zone (GMT-5hr) but due to work schedule have very little time available during the week.

Wishing everyone a very Happy New 2021!