[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Island 80

Island 80

Conquer the island

Island 80

Postby Oyster » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:08 am

i just found the forum and i find it odd that everyone says island 64 is the big challenge island when i can beat it every time on very clever but cannot for the life of me figure out a way to beat island 80 on very clever(run-on?). maybe i just have different stratigies. i would like some help with how to do this please...
Oyster

Postby collier » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:21 am

Which version of Slay are you using? The islands in version 3.x are different from the islands in version 4.x.

Regards,
Mark Collier
[/quote]
collier

Postby Fusion_power » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:04 am

I just re-played #80 in version 4.x and was able to beat it in 23 days on the first try and in 21 on the second. The key to winning is in the moves made on the first day. You must position your men properly. The most significant territory you control is in the east but you can also build up a strong territory in the southwest and the north.

Revision to the above. I just played #80 again and found a rather quirky way to beat it in 20 days. As always, I don't accept surrender.

Based on the number of men and amount of money I had left over, I think it could be beaten in 19 days. Maybe I'll try again someday.

Fusion
Fusion_power

Postby Oyster » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:49 pm

I'm using version 4.x...
Oyster

Postby Oyster » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:33 pm

finally beat it...thanks for the tips...
Oyster

Return to Slay