Castles on the trees?

Conquer the island
Fighter_Ace
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Castles on the trees?

Post by Fighter_Ace » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:50 pm

When playing slay, I noticed that you can't place castles on top of trees. This really bothers me when I have only two pieces of land... a hut on one and a tree on the other. Now say the computers are gaining overwhelming power and that tribe is gunna be taken out in no time, BUT you can build a castle. No real use if you can't place it anywhere to protect you. If you decided to build a peasant instead to remove the tree... now there is no room to build a castle :( !!! Is it intentionally made so you can't put castles on top of trees? Also, how come you can't disband your men like on Civilization :x ? That would really help!
My thanks and best regards to all my former submitters.

Fusion_power

Post by Fusion_power » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:33 am

Lol Ace, learn the rules.

You can place a man on top of a cross.

You can place a castle on top of a cross.

You can place a man on top of a tree.

You can't place a castle on top of a tree.

You can dump your men in the ocean if you so choose. Just click on a man, drag him over on top of the small man on the right hand side to increase his level by one and DON'T RELEASE the left mouse button, drag him to the ocean and then release the button. He will disappear and your money will increase by the amount of his value.

I don't like the above trading in men. Some use it though.

Fusion

Fighter_Ace
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Post by Fighter_Ace » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:41 am

Aye! Thanx Fusion! Not exactly the most sophisticated method and may sound a little "cheesy" but hey... it it works, that's all I need to know :wink: !
My thanks and best regards to all my former submitters.

Bob Janova

Post by Bob Janova » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:05 pm

In the latest version you can't do that upgrade-and-drop thing, which makes the game quite a bit harder.

Fusion_power

Post by Fusion_power » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:18 am

I think you may be incorrect Bob J. The "drag and drop" works in 4.2e which is the most recent version. Read the description above and try it. You must follow the sequence exactly.

Fusion

Bob Janova

Post by Bob Janova » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:48 am

Ah, my mistake, you can. You can't do it with the right mouse button any more, which is how I used to do it (in v3).

axel

Different experience

Post by axel » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:08 am

When I try it, I get an oddly different result. Every other time (1, 3, 5, etc.) nothing happens and it just goes back where it was. On the alternating times I get "You can't put pieces in the Sea."

Here's the procedure I'm following:

Left click on the piece. Drag it to the area where avaliable men and castles appear, but don't release. Then drag it to the ocean and release.

Is that the right procedure? I am using 4.2e.

It's ok with me anyway; I'm just curious.

Also, I like the fact that you can't return your men; it forces you to plan while creating them. Armies are bought at Wal-Mart. Yet. :)

axel

Post by axel » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:09 am

Aren't I meant. :oops:

BoxZone_Author

Post by BoxZone_Author » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:46 pm

Being able to destroy units when you've over extended youself makes the game easier.

Getting the cash back for destroying them makes it much easier!

So you can create a spearman to destroy the neighbouring hut and then the following turn break him back into two ordinary dudes! .. Pah!

axel

Post by axel » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:45 pm

Easier, yes. Better, no. One of the most satisfying points in the game is when you drive your opponent back to the point that they can no longer sustain their men and they all starve to death.

Did I just say that? I was raised a pacifist! :)

Germany_Fan

Post by Germany_Fan » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:57 am

axel wrote:Easier, yes. Better, no. One of the most satisfying points in the game is when you drive your opponent back to the point that they can no longer sustain their men and they all starve to death.

Did I just say that? I was raised a pacifist! :)

Haha. Or drive them to the point of oblivion and suddenly build the Siegfried line in front of them. Works. Trust me. The idiots build a Knight and then he starves. thus opening a gap. in which u pour through and kill them all. Damn why the heck am i so bloodthirsty? Hmm.
I know not what World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones. Albert Einstein, on the nuclear bomb.