What Screen Magnifier do you use to play on hires screens?

Conquer the island
JoeK

What Screen Magnifier do you use to play on hires screens?

Post by JoeK » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:28 am

Hi,

I would like to know if anyone has a favorite Magnifier software to float over top of Slay. I have a new laptop that has a 1920x1280 screen and frankly it is too small to play comfortably. I have been checking out all kinds of software out there, but most of them don't let you float the screen on top and simply make the Slay window bigger. What I do at times is to simply change my screen res to 1024x768 or lower to play. Anyone have a good solution?

Sean, I think that changing Slays screen size would make an excellent enhancement for the next version of Slay!

Joe

JoeK

Post by JoeK » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:18 am

Well after much trying out of different magnifiers, I found one that really does the job nicely. Bigshot Screen Magnifier. Check it out, free demo.

http://www.zoomtext.com/software/bs/BigShot212trial.exe

Trouble is it is $99 to buy, I think that is too much. But it shows you want a good product should look like to play Slay on really hires screens, comfortably.

Sean, any thoughts about integrating a zoom feature like this into Slay?

thanks!
Joe

JoeK

Another idea

Post by JoeK » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:35 am

Ok, so I am using IE7 now, and one of the nice features is that you can scale up webpages with the zoom feature. Got to thinking, well, this is exactly why the zoom feature is nice, you can make it bigger for hi-res screens... So how about porting Slay into a web app so one can simply scale it up in IE? This takes care of the magnification problem!

Joe

JoeK

Update: Found a freeware full screen one iZoom

Post by JoeK » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:41 pm

This one doesn't work as nice as Bigshot, but it is free.

http://www.issist.com/index.asp?page=iZoom

IZoom by issist.

Joe