[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - I loved the 3.x rules but hates the 4.x what should I do?

I loved the 3.x rules but hates the 4.x what should I do?

Conquer the island

I loved the 3.x rules but hates the 4.x what should I do?

Postby Grodis33 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:59 pm

Grodis33

Postby collier » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:11 am

collier

Postby Sean OConnor » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:31 am

In older versions of Slay you weren't allowed to make any attacks on the first turn in order to give the other players a chance. The problem with this was that it was very boring just placing men on the first turn without being able to do anything more than that and also the 1st player would just hit End Turn straight away as no one could attack him until it was his go again.

To solve the problem I made it so that villages protect the hexagons around them (which wasn't the case before) and that way subsequent players couldn't be completely destroyed on the first turn.

In my opinion it's made a much better game and removed the messing around on the first turn. I've no plans to add an option to revert to the old rules as it would just confuse most people who've never played in the old way.

BTW version 3.1 was the first version to have this rule change (see ) - and really I should have called this a major version update!
Sean OConnor

Postby Grodis33 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:19 pm

Ok, I guess I will have to stick to the 3.0 version then, and keep my CPU warm.
Grodis33

Postby Sean OConnor » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:34 am

Sean OConnor

Postby DanaeKC » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:11 am

DanaeKC

Postby Sean OConnor » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:32 am

Sean OConnor

Postby dc4bs » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:58 am

dc4bs

Return to Slay