[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Help getting started with multi-player

Help getting started with multi-player

Conquer the island

Help getting started with multi-player

Postby Bulb » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:17 am

Hi, I'm new at Slay. My friend and I each bought the game so we could play each other, but we're having trouble getting started. We have our network IDs but when we try to connect to each other's IP addresses, we get the following error message:

"Maybe there's a Firewall blocking that connection? You need to make a hole at port 4873."

I have no clue what this means or what it's asking me to do. We are using Windows XP machines, if that helps.

If you can help, just post to this forum, I'll be checking it regularly.

Thanks!

Bulb
Bulb

Postby Old Man Johnson » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:14 am

Are you playing through a router or maybe a firewall? If it's a router you can connect to it and change the settings. It differs from router to router, but you should be able to just read the instructions or look them up online. Anyway, if you connect to the router look for the "Firewall" option and tell it to allow port 4873. If it's just a plain firewall then look for the option to allow things through.

If that was too complicated, sorry, I'm not good at explaining because I don't know how D:

P.S.: If you haven't installed a firewall program yourself, then that's probably not the problem.
My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby sid6.7 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:11 am

sid6.7

Postby Bulb » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:41 pm

I'm using Windows XP, I have a Dell.

I don't know anything about firewalls. How do I find out what I have?

I have Comcast Hi-Speed Internet, through a cable modem.

Thanks!
Bulb

Return to Slay