Dell Axim x51v - Graphics problem

Conquer the island
Renard

Dell Axim x51v - Graphics problem

Post by Renard » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:49 pm

Hello

I've just bought and installed PocketSlay on my x51v. I have a problem with the display when running this game. Every few seconds a large coloured band, varying between 2 and 3 hexes high obscures the bottom of the map. The band colour changes intermittently and appears to be the colours of the opposition teams. It completely obscures the "End Turn" box. A few seconds later the band disappears and a few seconds later it returns.

PocketConquest runs fine (as do a number of other games), but I have noticed a similar (but much worse) version of the same problem with the demo of Add-Venture (Risk).
(Btw I'm running V2.0 of Slay on Windows Mobile 5)

Anybody seen this or have any suggestions?

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:32 pm

I've heard of problems with speed on Axims due to the VGA screen but I've not heard of this one before. To be honest right now I have no idea what the problem is!

Nethog

Post by Nethog » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:14 pm

I just discovered this game and I absolutely love it! I do have the graphics problem that is described here however o my Axim X51v.

Sean, one extra clue, the problem only exists when my axim is NOT on my Synch cradle. When on the cradle I don't experience the problem.

Nethog

Post by Nethog » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:23 pm

I found a solution to this problem on my Axim x51v running windows mobile 5. Under Settings, Power, Processor tab, there are four settings: Maximum Performance, Normal, Power-Saving, & Auto (default). If I change the setting to Maximum Performance or Normal the problem goes away!

Sean is there a possibility to have Slay temporarily override the user's processor power setting (i.e. Slay would always use Normal) when the game is launched so that we don't have to manually switch it back and forth whenever we play Slay?