Different 4.2e Graphics?

Conquer the island
Legacy

Different 4.2e Graphics?

Post by Legacy » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:49 pm

I kept thinking something wasn't right about the graphics in Slay since I recently installed the bundle downloaded from the password protected source Sean sent me. So today, when I had my jump drive handy, I popped it in. I have my old install folder(18 months old at the most), with Slay in it, and when it started up, the graphics were different. In the old 4.2e I have, the trees, huts, etc look more like pixel art, and the water is better looking, less bold. Which leads me to wonder, did I get a Slay 4.2f with the "about" labeled incorrectly, was there just a graphics swap, does it have to do with installing in Windows XP x64 rather than in Windows 2000 Pro(which is odd, because running my old application on this machine still has the classic graphics.), or is it something else?
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:04 pm

It was just because that installation included a newer "Medieval" theme. The game itself (the .exe file) is identical so the version number is the same. If you like the older water and men graphics you can just copy the file medieval.bmp from the older version's install folder.

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:52 pm

The thing I mainly dislike is the water, if the themes are just bitmaps, I might take the water from the old one and put it in the new one. Thanks!
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!