[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Slay doesn't work on Dell Axim!?!

Slay doesn't work on Dell Axim!?!

Conquer the island

Slay doesn't work on Dell Axim!?!

Postby rocky_larsen » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:10 pm

Is there a way to get the new version of Slay so it works correctly on PocketPC 2003 2nd edition? I've emailed Sean twice, but no reply...

Help!
rocky_larsen

Postby Sean OConnor » Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:08 am

I replied to all three emails that you sent me (on the 9th, 20th and 22nd Dec) but it looks like they've been vanishing somewhere in transit. Could you make sure they are not being blocked by an over zealous spam filter and that your return email address is set correctly in Outlook?
Sean OConnor

Postby snarfo » Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:44 am

I just got a Dell Axim x50v and Slay works on it--- with the only caveat being that it draws the display very slowly. Screen refreshes are sluggish and scrolling is a chore. It was silky-smooth on my old iPAQ 5400 series PocketPC, but not so zippy on the new 624 mhz Axim. I'm guessing it must be a combination of the new 3d graphics chip and the video being stretched to fit the vga resolution?

Anyhow, since Slay is the one game I'd want with me if I were to be stuck on a desert island (or here in eastern Iowa, which is about as desolate :-)), is there any way to give it a speed boost?

Actually, Sean, how about a native VGA version? That would be SO cool.
snarfo

Postby Sean OConnor » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:38 am

I think the only way I'm going to be able to test out a VGA version and solve this speed issue is to actually go out and buy one of these new Axims. Better start saving my pennies...
Sean OConnor

Postby snarfo » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:04 pm

I bet if we all skip the green beer binge today and donate the cash to you instead you'd easily clear the 500 bucks :wink:

Honestly though, the Axim's VGA display is really amazing. Once you see one first-hand you'll never go back to QVGA. Sadly, Dell isn't exactly giving them away, but we got a tremendous deal for an educational discount (I work for a school district): a bit over 600 bucks for the 624 mhz x50v, a Rhino case, a spare stylus 3-pack, and a 512 MB sd card. By comparison, the district paid almost an even thousand dollars for my iPAQ with peripherals a couple years ago. Crazy.

I may have a new job offer this summer which would get me about a $20,000.00 raise. If I get it I'll buy you an x50v, okay? :)
snarfo

Postby mmtbb » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:26 am

mmtbb

Postby Sean OConnor » Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:47 am

Sean OConnor

Postby snarfo » Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:07 pm

snarfo

Postby roddie » Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:43 am

Sean,

I'm also having the same slowdowns with my Axim X50v, which I didn't have on my old Axim X3i. Just for note, I think this is specific to the VGA PPCs, not just Axims.

The authors of Championship Spades/Hearts/Euchre etc. at http://www.dq.com recently released a new version of their games to address this problem (I think!), so maybe they might have some ideas?

Roddie
roddie

Postby mmtbb » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:55 am

There actually needs to be changes in the program to make it work with the Axim x50v
mmtbb

Postby Sean OConnor » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:16 am

Sean OConnor

Postby mmtbb » Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:04 pm

mmtbb

Postby Sean OConnor » Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:05 pm

Sean OConnor

Postby mmtbb » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:28 am

mmtbb

Postby nma » Sun May 01, 2005 8:54 pm

Need to make the application hi-dpi aware. If you make it aware using a hack then it works fine, but runs in low-dpi (small section of screen)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/defau ... reness.asp

after that, you just need to make the game bigger to fit the screen =) I dunno how you coded it so i can't tell ya how to do it easy. Game i did i just checked what the screen was and stretched the blt's to the right size once and then draw em all over when i need to.
nma

Next

Return to Slay