Slay doesn't work on Dell Axim!?!

Conquer the island
nma

Post by nma » Sun May 01, 2005 8:56 pm

Also I just installed these again. with the A03 update for dell axim x50v, the games are much more playable. still draw a little slow but its bearable.

mmtbb

Post by mmtbb » Tue May 03, 2005 4:37 pm

nma wrote:Also I just installed these again. with the A03 update for dell axim x50v, the games are much more playable. still draw a little slow but its bearable.

While a little improvement is good, it is still hard to swallow a slow game on a 624 MhZ processor.

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Wed May 18, 2005 8:53 am

God only knows what Dell have done to make standard GDI calls run so slowly. Slay used to work fine on a 386 25Mhz so it's not a question of computer horsepower.

roddie

Post by roddie » Sun May 22, 2005 1:45 pm

Sean,

Is there any info I can provide from my Axim X50v? (short of sending it to you :) )

I'd also be willing to send the author of Championship Spades etc. an email to see if he can give us any information.

R.

lapchinj

Post by lapchinj » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:31 pm

Any updates concerning the Axim x50v

Jeff-

snarfo

Axim x50v with Windows Mobile 5

Post by snarfo » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:11 pm

I just upgraded my Axim to the new OS and Slay runs at normal speed now! Hurray! One small caveat--- the bottom quarter of the display sometimes exhibits a graphical glitch where it sort of gets static-y looking and jumpy, which will go away and come back. Yeah, great description, I know. It seems to just be cosmetic though--- the things down there are still tappable (like the End Turn button) and it doesn't seem to crash.

So Sean, how comes the piggybank for the x50v (or x51v)? Slay would really be too cool in vga mode.

Best regards!

DARKMON

Dell x50/51v

Post by DARKMON » Fri May 05, 2006 5:28 pm

I had the x50v and the game did run as discribed by the others. I now have the x51v and the screen re-draw issue is 90% gone. There still is a refresh rate issue and the bottom of the screen does flicker when you pause your playing for a minute or so. But it's a far cry from the x50v! I was so dissapointedjavascript:emoticon(':cry:')
Crying or Very sad when I first got the x50v and played PocketSlay the first time for the mentioned reasons. But with the x51v I'm in Slay Heaven!
I just love this game! Simple to learn and the graphics are not the flashest, but the game play it the nuts! Thanks Sean for this great game!
I would love to see what would happen if this were optimized for VGA!!
I'll start passing the hat for you so we can get the Axim fund going for you!javascript:emoticon(':wink:')
Wink