Stuck at Kufr [Android]

Conquer the island

Stuck at Kufr [Android]

Postby carlisimo » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:18 pm

After my first pass through the game I still had a couple of maps per page that I couldn't beat. I started going through those in reverse order, and I must've improved without knowing it because they've been easier to get through - I left them alone because I thought they were impossible earlier.

But now I'm well and truly stuck. In the Android version of the game it's called Kufr. Dark Green to the east always ends up taking over everything. Sometimes I'm able to link up my western and northern territories, but only into a very narrow strip that isn't able to defend itself. I can also link up the southern and east-central territories by a 1-space-wide strip into the southern peninsula, but by then Dark Green is running rampant. I really don't see what I can do. Help!
Attachments
Screenshot_2013-09-16-14-10-02.jpg
Kufr, start of turn 2 (Android version)
Screenshot_2013-09-16-14-10-02.jpg (242.76 KiB) Viewed 4523 times
carlisimo

Re: Stuck at Kufr [Android]

Postby Fusion_power » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:50 am

Almost every move I see made so far is a strategic error. Go back to day 1 and look at better options to consolidate your position. With that said, you could still win from this position, but only by making several strategic moves. In the center position, you must attack dark brown, then on the next move attack dark green immediately above your position. From that point, each move should be an attack against dark green moving east.
Fusion_power

Re: Stuck at Kufr [Android]

Postby carlisimo » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:07 pm

Dang, just when I thought I was getting the hang of this game. Well, I can believe it, and I’ll try starting with different moves. These looked fairly obvious though (except for the center) – I guess there’s a lot I’m just not seeing.

Thanks!
carlisimo

Return to Slay