Free download version

Conquer the island
Somebody

Free download version

Post by Somebody » Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:14 am

are you ever going to make a free version with more than 1 island again? i used to have one with 9. i loved it. but my computer died and now i can only get one island. can i download the older version somewhere?

my parents don't let my buy computer games or i'd want to get the complete version...

Sean OConnor

Re: Free download version

Post by Sean OConnor » Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:17 am

Somebody wrote:are you ever going to make a free version with more than 1 island again? i used to have one with 9. i loved it. but my computer died and now i can only get one island. can i download the older version somewhere?

No, I've reduced the number of islands in the free version to just one as I was starting to get the feeling that people were happy to play on 3 islands for free and not bother about buying the full version. I am running a business here!

Somebody

Post by Somebody » Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:13 am

damn... guess i'm stuck with the one then...

well will it ever be available in any other way than ordering online? cause if i did manage to convinve my parents to buy it for my birthday or something, theres no way they order stuff online. they don't like or trust the internet...

qwas

Post by qwas » Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:52 am

you can order by post
Proud member of Seans forum since 14th April 2005. 1 year and still counting.
Now to spam those 30 messages to get into 3rd place in post count. :D

I'd like to buy your soul please.
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyours ... lex_Rider2

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:52 pm

Hehe, I played the demo with three islands for a long time. I beat each of the three islands at least a few dozen tiimes. I can't count how many times I played Conquest World Map demo, despite the random starting always being the same and my games almost always turning out the same. I'm not the only one either, I'm sure. When I got my demo of CM I could use the editor to make ships but I couldn't use them, so I just made a bunch of ships that would not work too well but looked kinda neat... Of course, now I have the full versions of all those games, so I play them even more.

Kyzia

Post by Kyzia » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:17 am

I played the first version with only one island for years. I used to try and think up new limitations to make it more difficult - playing from only one of the starting territories, for example...

I meant to buy a copy for ages, but only got around to it recently. :oops:

Garnier

Post by Garnier » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:54 pm

its funny how we overuse demos so much and then buy the games and get bored so fast, cause we played the demos so much. I mean this for all games, not just WGs

gruff

Post by gruff » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:07 am

Answerr: multiplayer.

papakapp

Post by papakapp » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:08 am

Sean O'Connor wrote:
Somebody wrote:are you ever going to make a free version with more than 1 island again? i used to have one with 9. i loved it. but my computer died and now i can only get one island. can i download the older version somewhere?

No, I've reduced the number of islands in the free version to just one as I was starting to get the feeling that people were happy to play on 3 islands for free and not bother about buying the full version. I am running a business here!

ha ha, that's what I did. I had a ton of fun playing those first three games. then after I beat then I thought to myself "Well, I guess that's that" But I kept wanting to play more. I broke down after like two weeks and bought it.

How about a free version that lets you play any map... for 6 turns, then you get booted from the game and a "buy me" screen pops up.. That would have annoyed me so much I would have bought it the day I downloaded it.

Or maybe a demo where you can play 10 or 12 games for free, after those games the only map you can play is 64, but you can play 64 as often as you want. muwa ha ha!

oh, oh, better yet. Make a demo where the two easiest maps are available to play. After the person beats those two maps then a dialogue box pops up that says "give me your credit card number to play one more map. If you can beat it in 20 or less tries then you will recieve the full version and your card will not be billed, if you fail to beat it in 20 tries, you will recieve the full version and your credit card will be billed. That map would be, or course # 64. But then you would get 10 gigs of hate mail a day claiming that that map was impossible. You would need to make a web page that explanes one sub optimal solution. (for a meere $4.95)

qwas

Post by qwas » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:52 am

papakapp wrote:
Sean O'Connor wrote:
Somebody wrote:oh, oh, better yet. Make a demo where the two easiest maps are available to play. After the person beats those two maps then a dialogue box pops up that says "give me your credit card number to play one more map. If you can beat it in 20 or less tries then you will recieve the full version and your card will not be billed, if you fail to beat it in 20 tries, you will recieve the full version and your credit card will be billed. That map would be, or course # 64. But then you would get 10 gigs of hate mail a day claiming that that map was impossible. You would need to make a web page that explanes one sub optimal solution. (for a meere $4.95)

That would be stupid, noone would enter their number and they wouldent know that their credit card was billed/not, 2 things would happen, either Sean would have commited fraud (for letting them buy it without them wanting it) or Sean would loose business.
Proud member of Seans forum since 14th April 2005. 1 year and still counting.
Now to spam those 30 messages to get into 3rd place in post count. :D

I'd like to buy your soul please.
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyours ... lex_Rider2