[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Ripl Roulk and Paunn Help

Ripl Roulk and Paunn Help

Conquer the island

Ripl Roulk and Paunn Help

Postby Bradyj23 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:37 pm

i am down to these 3 maps and I just can't beat them. Any hints would be much appreciated. Thanks for the help.
Bradyj23

Re: Ripl Roulk and Paunn Help

Postby Fusion_power » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:03 am

Ripl is a rough one at 23 days with no surrender. Paunn is 22 days and Roulk is 19 days. That gives an idea how hard they are.
Fusion_power

Postby Bradyj23 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:42 pm

Any idea where to start on these maps? Or where are the important territories? I've tried a hundred times and am just getting nowhere. Thanks
Bradyj23

Postby Bradyj23 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:53 pm

Well somehow I just beat Roulk in 20 moves. For those that need a hint I used the bottom middle group and the far 2 right groups. I made a Spearman as soon as possible in both areas (same turn). You make some weird moves where you feel vulnerable. But it works. Good luck.

Any hints on the other 2?
Bradyj23

Postby Fusion_power » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:30 pm

I replayed RIPL and got it in 25 days. It is tough, but beatable. Strategy on the first day is crucial. Also, you have to let the other players fight each other without letting any of them get the upper hand. Work on the bottom center area at the beginning, it will be your winning territory.
Fusion_power

Postby Bradyj23 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:11 pm

Thank you Fusion! It took a few tries but I finally beat Ripl. Took 30 turns all the way to the end. Glad to finally beat all the levels! Feels good.
Bradyj23

Postby rhaining » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:28 pm

I must have discovered this game later than others. I played years ago on iOS, put it down for several years, and am now (late 2016) back to trying to beat all maps.

Thanks for the tip, Fusion_power! One thing you said was enough of a hint for me to finally find a winning strategy for Ripl. I did a full solve in 34 turns, but could probably shave 5+ turns off that easily. (After gaining a critical foothold, I twice made mistakes and allowed several troops to be starved.)

Balancing out enemy players and finding ways to manipulate the AI into fighting one another is always good advice but (a) it's general info not unique to Ripl and (b) I'm versed in using this technique already. The comment to work on the bottom center area was super helpful, as I hadn't considered that a viable strategy.

I'm going to add spoilers with more info about Ripl to another thread that is specifically about Ripl.
rhaining

Postby Hudnall » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:43 am

Hudnall

Postby rhaining » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:31 pm

Did you read my more detailed comments in the other Ripl thread and was that not enough?
rhaining

Return to Slay