[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Suggestions for the next version of Slay

Suggestions for the next version of Slay

Conquer the island

Postby Legacy » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:33 pm

Legacy

Postby collier » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:35 pm

collier

Postby Dave W » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:12 pm

Dave W

Postby Fuzzy Wonky » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:32 am

He didn't say "I win" but "I tend to win"...
It's just the same for me too often: 1) tend to win :D , and 2) try to win :) :? , and 3) ... s..t! just lost! :( :cry:
-- --
Fuzzy Wonky

Postby gruff » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:56 am

I can't wait for the improved map editor that is sure to come. Then we will find out just how easily Legs can be beaten.
gruff

My $0.02

Postby Darkness » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:51 pm

:idea: :twisted:
(6 ways Slay could be better IMHO)

1) Show Info for other territories...
Would be nice to be able to see savings and income from enemy territories.
This info, while not presented, is not hidden currently. You can follow a territories income and expenditure each turn and calculate its savings.
In cases like: they have 5 income and 5 hexes, if I take one hex now it will slow them by a turn.
Usually players have a rough idea how many savings an enemy has; so why not make it plain and easily available?

2) Update info for your territories...
It would be good also if the current income and wages were listed as the turn progresses. At the moment you have to think: hmm income was 17 and I captured 3 territories so I should be able to afford an upkeep of 20...

3) Change where huts appear when Huts die
I like the idea of huts in the middle, better than the top and simple too.
Maybe there could be an option for "preferred new hut location". The hut would be rebuilt there (and default to middle if 'there' is not available).
Auto-building huts causes a problem when there is no open space for the hut...does it kill castle, unit or tree's?
Perhaps the hut should not appear when there is no space, appearing on the first free space made available in your turn?

4) Allow moving huts
It would also be nice to be able to move the hut for a small fee. Good for early game defence and late game to hide the hut away. Something like move the hut 1 hex for 1 gold?

5) Make Enemies look different
It would be alot better if the enemies were different to your own soldiers.
This could be with different icons or to save resources (on Palm etc) with a colour change.
Maybe you could choose a theme for yourself and a theme for enemies

6) Replay the computer's/other players moves...
It would be nice to be able to replay the moves of the other players to see how the situation got the way it is (sometimes).
You could then watch the order of events.. oh red took that then blue took that ...

And oh yeah, you could consider changing the name
Slay? It's not very catchy... There could be a better name. Hex wars, Hexslay! err even Battlehexes is better than Slay.
Darkness

Postby Fuzzy Wonky » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:30 pm

Not so easy to say cause now I have got so much used to it, but I must admit I totally agree with Darkness concerning the changing of name...
-- --
Fuzzy Wonky

Postby hs5ias » Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:27 am

hs5ias

Postby gruff » Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:00 am

gruff

Postby Hernalt » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:43 am

Hernalt

Postby Fusion_power » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:10 am

So I don't really want much. But I would really like some improvements in the AI's logic. I'm totally frustrated by the AI's inability to properly attack a castle.

The AI will build 3 knights to kill the capitol next to the castle 3 times on the same move. Instead it should kill the castle, then use peons and spearment to wipe out the remaining territory.

This is only one of a dozen or so changes I would love to see.

Fusion
Fusion_power

Postby qwas » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:28 am

I second that...

PS: Check out my new sig/avvi, I wanted both of them bigger, but they were too big.
Proud member of Seans forum since 14th April 2005. 1 year and still counting.
Now to spam those 30 messages to get into 3rd place in post count. :D

I'd like to buy your soul please.
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyours ... lex_Rider2
qwas

Postby Hernalt » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:38 am

Does anyone do hex-editing on this game? I bought the 4.2 and downloaded teh WWII scenario. Although I am happy to admit that I probably do not have the expertice to successfully deploy Italy and Germany against the combined forces of France, Britain, Russia and Poland, it occurs to me that the cash flow for Germany (i.e., military capability) is a little low compared to France. (Ok - now someone out there ought to come up with little soldiers and tanks and airplanes for a new theme...) I mean - how can you get a blitzcrieg going AND install the Vichy regime AND get your ass kicked at Stalingrad (and attempt to steal the Ark of the Covenant) on a starting budget of 2? And is there any way to compell computer teams to cooperate? (I made them put up castles on their borders.) As much as I think Germany's budget is too low, seeing Britain invade France is just hilarious.
Hernalt

Postby gruff » Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:06 pm

You just have to get better man! It is winnable as Germany. And there is a military theme already.
gruff

Postby Hernalt » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:43 am

I'm confident I'm missing something crucial with the WWII game. How exactly does one play it? Do you play Germany and Italy then auto-play everyone else? Do you endturn (rather than autoplay) the browns? Are France, Britain, Poland or Russia allowed to attack Germany or Italy before Germany or Italy attacks them? Is any of the brown an ally of Germany? What exactly do you do with the brown Middle-east? Is is "supposed" to join Poland? tks
Hernalt

PreviousNext

Return to Slay