[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Issues with Slay for UIQ

Issues with Slay for UIQ

Conquer the island

Issues with Slay for UIQ

Postby HardCorePawn » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:46 am

Howdy,

could not believe my eyes when i saw the headline on the my-symbian.com website "Slay for UIQ".... I immediately rushed over and downloaded the trial :D

However there seems to be some issues with the rules. As I recall (and from double checking the online rules), a peasant can defend the 6 hex's around itself from other peasants. But in the UIQ version, something is wrong. Peasants are able to capture a hex right next to an opposing peasant (and on some occassions right next to a Capital) :!:

Here you can see the first moves, Player is Green... and after the AI plays you can see they've stolen 2 hex's both of which should have been protected by the Capital and the Peasant (area to watch circled in red) :
ImageImage

Now I join the territories and get an extra peasant, But the AI players just cut in between my 2 peasants and the dream of world domination is over:
ImageImage

Are these rule changes intentional? or are there a few teething problems with the UIQ version? :?

regards,
HCP
HardCorePawn

Postby Sean OConnor » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:51 pm

Thanks for spotting that HCP!

My friend, who did the conversion for UIQ, has sent me an update and that's now live on this website at the same location:

and this is now version 1.01.003

Could you let me know if that solves the problem?
Sean OConnor

Postby HardCorePawn » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:49 pm

Unfortunately, the answer is no... while they no longer steal my hex's on the first move, it still happens at other points in the game:

ImageImage

Here you can see that they are also stealing from each other... so they're not just picking on me :wink:

However, I can no longer steal a hex guarded by a peasant, so that seems to be fixed... just makes it a bit unfair now :wink:

finally, a note you may want to pass to the developer... can you please include an option during installation to specify the install drive (ie. C: or D: )... at present it seems to install by default to the main memory of the phone (C: ) which is a bit of an issue for those of us with P800's or P900's due to limited main memory :(

regards,
HCP
HardCorePawn

Postby HardCorePawn » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:28 am

HardCorePawn

Postby Sean OConnor » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:45 am

Sean OConnor

Return to Slay