Bugs in Smartphone version

Conquer the island
BigPhil

Bugs in Smartphone version

Post by BigPhil » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:23 pm

Hi. This is my first post so please be gentle :)

I have been playing the smartphone version of Slay a lot the last couple of months. As I have been getting better I have started to notice a number of bugs in it.

1) The AI completely ignores protected tiles occasionally. It is pretty hard to reproduce but happens about once every other game. I think it is when a territory places a spearman (i.e has saved up over 20 gold and spends it all at once.)

2) when you stack an unused unit onto a used unit, you can use the upgraded unit straight away. In the PC version it becomes an upgraded used unit (I am pretty sure)

3) Selecting File > Options causes the software to crash.

4) Scores are only saved when you exit Slay, not when the phone decides that the process has timed out and closes it.

Also, features missing from the PC

5) There is no undo move feature. I use this a lot when joining territories and the town centre moves somewhere silly.

6) The AI will never surrender. This is fine for the first 80 maps, but as they get bigger the last turn or two of each game become really tedious

7) No End Turn warning dialog for un moved units etc.

All of these occured on my P900.

Is there a new version planned? Do I have to pay again for a fixed version when it comes along?

Cheers

-- Phil

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:01 pm

Just so I know what needs fixing could you let me know the exact version number of the game that you have?

The very latest is 1.02.005

BigPhil

Post by BigPhil » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:24 pm

Sorry about the delay in replying. I am running 004 on a P900.

How do I get hold of the latest version? Whick of these issues are resolved? Most importantly, will it reset my score table?

Cheers

-- Phil

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:51 pm

Send me an email to sean@windowsgames.co.uk