the hardest maps in set 2 (bonus pack #1)

Conquer the island

the hardest maps in set 2 (bonus pack #1)

Postby rhaining » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:36 pm

In case this is of interest to anyone, after a complete pass through map set 2 (bonus pack 1), here are the maps that I couldn't immediately solve on the hardest settings. (That's not to say I beat all the other maps on my 1st attempt, just that they were easy enough that I was able to find a solution within a few attempts.)

Page 3: Snowflake5, Snowflake9, Snowflake12, Snowflake13, Snowflake14, Snowflake16, Snowflake23
Page 4: Beyonce, Elvis
Page 5: Pele
Page 7: Mary Poppins, Spiderman
Page 9: Scorpion
Page 10: Clamshell
Page 11: Grid
Page 12: Razors, Sauron
Page 13: String, Turtle, Windows
Page 15: Monster 11
Page 17: Guillotine
Page 18: Martian, Ring, Scooter

I'm going through and retrying these now. Given the pain folks have expressed about it, I'll likely leave Sauron 'till last. :^)
rhaining

Re: the hardest maps in set 2 (bonus pack #1)

Postby rhaining » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:25 pm

In case this is of interest. I've re-tried almost all of the above, and was able to solve several. Here are the ones I'm still struggling with. Tips and solutions are most definitely welcome!

Page 3: Snowflake12, Snowflake23
Page 4: Beyonce
Page 5: Pele
Page 7: Mary Poppins, Spiderman
Page 13: Turtle, Windows
Page 18: Scooter

I haven't yet tried all maps in set 1 or set 3, but so far, I've been able to beat all the ones I've tried, with some tips from this board for some of the R maps (page 18) in set 1.
rhaining

Postby Bradyj23 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:00 am

What do you have left now?
Bradyj23

Postby rhaining » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:23 am

In set 2, I'm down to:

Page 7: Mary Poppins
Page 13: Turtle, Windows

I have less Slay cycles than I did a few months ago, but I'm still chipping away at them. But all of the above are still giving me problems. Mary Poppins & Turtle seem to be ones where I will need to just brute force them, try lots of different moves until I can find a set of starting moves where the other players help me out, which I don't love. I'm deliberately skipping Sauron for now. Honestly, I'm attempting the above 8 less often than I should. I'm letting myself play too many easy Slay maps in between trying the above 8. I have 217 maps left in set 1, and 312 maps left in set 3. I don't anticipate I'll have any problems with those, as I've done most of the hard ones in set 1 already and set 3 seems a bit lighter/easier than the other sets so far. But I'd hate to use up all my fun/light Slay maps and then be left with only those 8; I might end up just abandoning the game if the only thing I have left to do is 8 painful maps, and I really want to find ways to beat them all.
rhaining

Postby Bradyj23 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:20 am

I have almost the same set as you. I beat Razors. But have fly traps and honeycomb to beat. I don't thing Sauron is possible. Especially since it has been asked a dozen times and Sean won't respond. I've beat some maps recently which has been nice. But getting burnt out on all the hard ones.
Bradyj23

Postby rhaining » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:41 pm

Do you have any easy ones left in any of the 3 sets, or is it down to just the toughies in set 2? I'd hate to see you give up -- I might need your help! :)
rhaining

Postby Bradyj23 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:54 am

I have set 1 completed. That's all I have left in set 2. Have not bought set 3. Was going to wait until I finished set 2 to buy set 3. Not sure now if I'll even buy it. Since I can't transfer progress to a new iPad I might wait to buy it for when I get a new tablet.
Bradyj23

Postby rhaining » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:20 pm

Not sure what you mean about not being able to transfer progress to a new iPad. I play solely on iPad and I upgrade my iPad every 1-2 years. I back up my iPad to a Mac then when I get the new iPad, I restore from backup onto the new iPad, and all my progress in all my games is there on the new iPad. I assume you can do this running iTunes on a PC as well. Would this meet your needs?
rhaining

Postby Bradyj23 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:39 pm

Glad to hear you can transfer progress. I lost all my progress a few years ago when I switched iPads.
Bradyj23

Postby rhaining » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:21 am

I use both an iPhone and an iPad, which is sometimes painful when it comes to retaining game progress. Or rather, I wish I could play any game on any iOS device and always have my latest progress, even when those devices were offline. In short, I wish app data worked like OneDrive or Google Drive -- always syncing changes across all devices whenever those devices were online. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple was moving in that direction with iCloud, but, checking again just now, it doesn't appear that app data can be automatically synced across devices.

In any case, I had built up some great game progress on two different iOS devices, and this started to bother me. So I now try to treat my iPad as the one and only game machine, and games on the iPhone are just temporary, with no progress that isn't disposable. E.g., I forced myself to delete a bunch of games from my iPhone, including Slay, so I wouldn't continue to build up valuable progress on that profile. I likely had a few maps solved just on iPhone too, but my iPad progress is certainly "good enough" to count as my one and only real game machine, and I know I didn't beat any of the truly painful maps just on my iPhone. I left Slay Lite on my iPhone instead, and am happy to replay one of the 9 free maps if I'm ever desperate for a Slay fix and I don't have my iPad with me. :^) Unfortunately, there are at least 2 games left on my iPhone that have achievements / progress that would be painful to lose and I can't merge them to my iPad easily. I haven't tried iExplorer yet, but that may work. This link has some good info: http://lifehacker.com/5891964/can-i-tra ... a-new-ipad . (That link says that backing up one device and restoring to another device doesn't always work. Baloney. I've done it dozens of times for myself and different family members and never had an issue. I always restore to a device with the same or newer version of iOS, and a device that has enough space for the backed up profile, and it works fine.)
rhaining

Return to Slay