Steam vs 5.0 version

Conquer the island
Smiling Spectre

Steam vs 5.0 version

Post by Smiling Spectre » Wed May 31, 2017 7:06 am

Hello, Sean.

I played Steam version for some time now, and I see as it inferior to v 5.0 in almost every aspect. :(

What we got now? 1. Prettier graphics. End of list.

What we lost?
- Procedure map generator
- Custom map settings
- Map Editor (and custom maps)
- Skins
- PvP
- Multiple saves

Also I feel AI dumber now. Maybe coincidence. I cannot prove it, of course, as maps are quite different between versions, but I have numerous 5.0 maps that I cannot win on Master (I was defeated repeatedly just yesterday on #344, for example). And so far I didn't see any Steam map that I couldn't win from 1st-2nd approach (and I am in the middle of C letter).

So, question: Sean, do you plan to incorporate back items that was lost in transition, or it's out of question?

Thank you for your answer.

Fusion_power

Re: Steam vs 5.0 version

Post by Fusion_power » Wed May 31, 2017 7:16 pm

Every one of the islands can be won on the most difficult setting in version 5.0 when playing as the default player. However, when playing as alternate colors, there are exactly 2 islands that cannot be won.

SmilingSpectre

Re: Steam vs 5.0 version

Post by SmilingSpectre » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:22 pm

Fusion_power wrote:Every one of the islands can be won on the most difficult setting in version 5.0 when playing as the default player. However, when playing as alternate colors, there are exactly 2 islands that cannot be won.
Maybe I was vague. Sorry for it - English is not my native language.

What I mean is not that maps in Slay 5.0 cannot be won. My point is that Slay 5.0 sometimes smarter than me, and requires substantial efforts to defeat. But in Steam version no one map so far gives more challenge than one-two tries. Maybe it's coincidence. Or maybe weaker AI. That's my point.
OVB aka Smiling Spectre