Atshoe

Slay for Mac

Post by Atshoe » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:54 pm

Made this Slay app with Wine Bottler; let me now if it works for you :D

http://www.mediafire.com/file/x38u5poww ... p.zip/file

Technastar

Re: Slay for Mac

Post by Technastar » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:24 pm

I am trying to install my full copy of slay on top of the one in the wine wrapper, but it keeps coming out as the trial version. What am I missing?

Edit: I am wondering if there is something that gets added to the registry when installing as I copied the files from my regular install and I did get it to show my scores on the islands from the full version, but they cant be replayed as it just pops up asking me to buy it again.

Second Edit: This is what worked for me. apparently when you run the winebottled app for the first time, it creates a copy under user/library/application support/"appname"

What I needed to do, was open the app by showing the package contents and swap the files inside the winebottler folder for the full version of the game before running it.

Since I had already run the app I needed to delete the copy that was made. Winebottler worked the best as you can simply "reset" the app. Hope this helps anyone else that runs into the issue.

Also, I did try to create my own version in winebuilder using the installer I had purchased from Sean, but for some reason the sound wouldn't work.