[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Is there ever going to be a price reduction?

Is there ever going to be a price reduction?

Conquer the island

Is there ever going to be a price reduction?

Postby dragonskin » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:27 pm

Just wondering if there is ever going to be a price reduction, considering you can get some PS2/X-Box games for the same price as you're charging for Slay at the moment.
dragonskin

Postby Garnier » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:06 pm

As I see it: no

so far I dont think sean has made any price reductions.

The $40 for all 8 games is definitely a deal (I didnt think so before I got them either though). I wouldnt pay $20 for slay alone, but for all of them it is worth it, and plus, they keep getting updates unlike the xbox and ps2 games which will likely soon be outdated and worthless.

And lastly, the games are all very fun.
Garnier

Postby sid6.7 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:59 am

i say no...40$ for 8 games is quite a deal

you can HUGE miles outa slay,firefight and conquest alone...
sid6.7

Postby dragonskin » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:07 pm

dragonskin

Postby Garnier » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:39 pm

I think the way it is now, most people end up spending $40 for all the games, even if they originally were thinking about spending $20 for just one.

Its called modern marketing tactics..
Garnier

Postby BoxZone_Author » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:43 pm

Actually the way Digital River take their piece of the profit to cover the cost of processing the credit card bill makes it not practical to charge 1/8 of the cost of all 8 games for just a single game.

$40 for all of them is a good deal.
BoxZone_Author

Postby Sean OConnor » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:16 am

Yes, you're absolutely right BoxZone_Author. RegNow charges a fixed fee per sale plus a percentage so I make less profit if I reduce the price.

I've no plans to drop the prices on any of my games and with the dollar droping in value lately I'm considering putting the prices up.
Sean OConnor

Postby alpharythms » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:32 am

Hi Sean,

Not to tell you how you need to price your games but I just wanted to chime in my story here.

I saw the ad for Slay while reading the Age of Empire 3 forums at Heaven Games. The ad compelled me to download the game and within 15 minutes I was ready to buy it... until I saw the price at $20.

I continued playing the demo for another 4 hours advancing up the skill levels until I beat it at the hardest level... again I was tempted to buy it but the $20 kept me away.

Its not that I think $20 is to much for an indie game. I think I paid $20-$30 for Oasis recently... and around the same price for Starscape a few years ago. However the "presentation" of these games is superior to Slay.

Its probably a good thing I didn't buy this game... the last thing I need is another drain on my limited time right now (just had a daughter 2 weeks ago). But if I could have bought the game for $8-$10 via Paypal I would have without any hesitation after playing for 15 minutes.

I believe the "sales fee" you would pay with Paypal would be under $1 for a $10 sale.

Anyways, thats my story... for whats it worth. Maybe it will be of some value as you plan for the future.

Another thing you might consider is writing the game in Flash and trying to market it through miniclip or another "quick and casual" game site.

-Adam
alpharythms

Postby Sean OConnor » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:43 pm

The problem of using PayPal though is that they don't do:

- a full version download link on purchasing
- a license key generator
- a decent database for searching on old orders

I also don't think I'd sell twice as many copies if I halved the price, but the amount of customer support would increase.
Sean OConnor

Postby axel » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:29 am

axel

Best value around

Postby MLewis » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:49 am

MLewis

Postby Sean OConnor » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:46 am

Sean OConnor

Postby pedroski » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:14 pm

pedroski

Postby marzzbar » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:18 am

marzzbar

Postby Germany_Fan » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:47 am

I know not what World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones. Albert Einstein, on the nuclear bomb.
Germany_Fan

Next

Return to Slay