__ Conquest MAPS! __ (information here)

A boardgame of world domination
Nigel

Next issue of maps?

Post by Nigel » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:21 am

Sean,

Just wondering if you have an ETA for the next publication of maps.

regards,

Nigel

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:52 am

Sure, you could use MS Paint and work around its severe limitations if you are very patient. Personally I would rather not have MS Paint decide for me what pixels to throw away, nor do I want any of them thrown away, just merged to a smaller size when needed. The difference between MS Paint and a cheap entry level graphics program is like the difference between a dull chisel and a CNC machine.

Should you ever try out a demo of one of the programs I mentioned you would likely never use MS Paint again for anything.

I have Photoshop 7 and PSP8, and I still find myself using paint for a lot of what I do. It is wonderful for sketching out concepts and working on certain jobs, like making complex small images and such. PSP and Photoshop are great for big stuff, but I still use MSPaint frequently.

OrigamiGuy

Post by OrigamiGuy » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:21 am

I agree with Legacy. MS Paint works well for just casual graphics ideas. Just like in the real world, when you have an idea to write down, you don't always write it out on stationery with a calligraphy pen; sometimes you just scribble something on a napkin. It's handier.
"Stupid people exist to give smart people something fun to do." ~Me
"Those who can constantly quote others aren't necessarily well-read. Maybe they simply have no ideas of their own." ~Me

eromrab

Re: Graphics for maps - help please

Post by eromrab » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:12 pm

JonManning wrote:Adobe Photoshop or JASC Paint Shop Pro are good programs for creating what you want. I prefer Photoshop, but the cost is a bit high and the capabilities are serious overkill for what little you actually need to to make nice looking maps. All you really need is a program that can support multiple graphics layers so you can trace an existing real world map when needed, and with additional selection and gradient functions to make it pretty. Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop Elements (entry version of Photoshop) will also do this nicely for a decent price, but I have heard Corel's Photo Paint will do all this too. Just don't use MS Paint unless you want something that looks like it was made by a two year old.

Good luck and happy mapmaking :)

Hey there... i have jasc paint shop pro 7.00... trying to figure out how to do that graphic layer thing you were talking about... i have a map that i'd like to get the outlines of... any help would be appreciated...

_CRUSH_

_ New Maps Are Coming ! _

Post by _CRUSH_ » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:11 pm

Hello Conquest Fans !

:arrow: I've just sent a few (3) new maps to Sean so hopefully they'll be uploaded to the Conquest Maps page soon :)

I'm also working on some new ideas and LOOK FORWARD to playing some new maps from you guys!

TAKE CARE,

_CRUSH_

nickjbor

Post by nickjbor » Sat May 03, 2008 12:19 am

Hey. Where do I upload maps?

also, if I finish a map is there a way I can post it here before it gets added to the official list or however that works? I could upload the file as like a PNG and you guys can edit it into a BMP, and then upload the MAP file as just a normal text post, and you guys can edit it into a MAP. (and if you cant figure out how to do that you can ask, or wait for the official update :P)

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Sun May 04, 2008 4:41 pm

Send maps to me at sean@windowsgames.co.uk

Feel free to post them on the forums too if you want people to take a look first.

Juggernaut of Joy

Post by Juggernaut of Joy » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:24 pm

Hi Sean,

I attempted to send you a map but got a retry timeout exceeded error (using your sean@windowsgames.co.uk address).

Do you have any other e-mail addresses I can use to send you maps?

Thanks,

JoJ

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:01 am

Could you try sending that email again? My site was down for a couple of days due to problems my ISP was having.

Juggernaut of Joy

Maps Sent :-)

Post by Juggernaut of Joy » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:19 pm

Hi Sean,

The map has been resent.

Here's the template I used for anyone who is interested:

Image[/img]

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:17 pm

I want that map when it's up!
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!

frquixote

New Maps?

Post by frquixote » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:14 am

I've seen several posts from Crush, Juggernaut of Joy and others from 2008 indicating that they had sent in new maps for posting, but the last post date is still November 2007. Is there another place to look for the newer maps? The Shogun map looks particularly interesting.

blackchristian888

Post by blackchristian888 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:00 pm

Great Forum!! I'm Cesar and I'm new here, just browsing for some good stuff and informative posts..

RichD

Re: _ Conquest MAP EDITOR by JOHN FOWLER _

Post by RichD » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:44 pm

JFowler11 wrote:
_CRUSH_ wrote: The email you sent me seems to be working,
John has listed another email in his ABOUT page on his Editor Program.

Thanks for contacting me about the error in my email address _CRUSH_!

For anyone who downloaded my conquest map editor already my correct email is JOHN-FOWLER@COMCAST.NET

Also, my web site where I have the conquest map editor posted is: http://home.comcast.net/~john-fowler/

Hello John, is your map editor still available to be had by new Conquest Players today??

The link here comes up empty. "No longer available"

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:26 pm

Go to the Conquest page:
http://www.windowsgames.co.uk/conquest.html

Then scroll down and look in the Conquest Resources section.
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!