[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - My first map

My first map

A boardgame of world domination

My first map

Postby Nomadic » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:04 am

This is my first map. Please feel free to try it out and tell me what you think. If you find any errors or any ways you think it could be improved, let me know.

Updates:
-Connected 2 previously unconnected territories
Nomadic

Postby sid6.7 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:22 pm

sid6.7

Postby Nomadic » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:51 pm

Ok I will check that out. Linking things gets a little tricky when you have more territories than even the world map.
Nomadic

Postby Empty Hat » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:22 am

Empty Hat

Postby Edwardo » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:05 am

Edwardo

Re: My first map

Postby RichD » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:38 pm

RichD

Postby Legacy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:24 pm

"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!
Legacy

Postby apM » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:02 pm

The map maker that I prefer is Blaine Busler's Conquest Map Maker (requires Java runtime). The name of the conquest forum index to find this under is "New Conquest map editor [with corrected link]"
The link is: http://bcbusler.tripod.com/
The only complaint that I have with this program is that when you ask it to analyze territory borders you can only accept what it came up with, which sometimes connects territories that are close but not actually bordering, or maybe misses some are barely touching.
To fix these problems you need to open up the .map file that it saved (with a text editor like notepad) and go in and manually fix the links.
Also when you first load your bitmap background map image then go to save the file it creates, you need to change the extension in the save as from .bmp to .map or else it will overwrite your map image.
apM

Postby RichD » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:27 am

Thanks, That is a great help.
RichD

Return to Conquest