Maps

A boardgame of world domination
nickjbor

Maps

Post by nickjbor » Sat May 03, 2008 12:14 am

Hello. I recently downloaded and purchased Conquest (because of the promice of 300+ maps) and went to get the maps... only to find out that I dont like any of them!!! Most of the maps are of big hunks of land, with provinces all connected to one another. None of the land-water-land strategy that a world, or even a well crafted europe map brings! I've already started to make a few maps (partly out of the fact that I want to play on a funner map)

Anyway, after getting on a roll, I realize that if only I enjoyed these maps that'd be a waste. Therefore...

Where can I give you guys the maps I make?

I already made one of the greater middle east (from iran to rome, from russia to mecca) and one of the canadian maritimes (east of maine) as both have islands and stringy bits of land and water that make for fun gameplay. For the latter I used the riding (electroal district) boundaries, and that gave me an idea to use riding boundaries for other canadian provinces to make maps from. I could do up maps for all the provinces, or at least the ones with easy to find maps online. I'm also thinking about making a map of municipalities in the GTA (greater Toronto area) of Canada, where the counties are continents. I'm even debating a map using TTC (toronto) subway stations, if I can figure out how to make so few stations into a working map.

Anyways, as you can tell I have a bunch of free time. I can make as many maps as needed. All I need to know is what to do once I'm done!!

nickjbor

Post by nickjbor » Sat May 03, 2008 12:26 am

BTW here is an example of some of my work

note that I'm used to making riding (election district) maps (of canada) so that's what these are

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/pe ... al%20Maps/

here's one I'm turning into a conquest map

Empty Hat

Post by Empty Hat » Sat May 03, 2008 10:28 am

looks crisp

nickjbor

Post by nickjbor » Sat May 03, 2008 11:17 am

I downloaded the "map editor" and already have a few done 100%.

sid6.7

Post by sid6.7 » Mon May 12, 2008 12:48 am

you either put up your own site where we can download them
or you email them to sean...
if you run..you'll only die tired

RichD

Post by RichD » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:54 pm

They are going to have to re-define the meaning of the word map for this game.

I have only been playing a few days, but one chalenging "map" I have run into is the "Nightmare Inn". A tough run for my money.