Conquest for Android

A boardgame of world domination
dallisjc

Conquest for Android

Post by dallisjc » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:11 am

Do you have any plans to come out with an Android version of Conquest or your other games? I noticed you came out with Conquest for iphone and I understand it is fairly easy to port your iphone apps to Android.

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:54 am

I'm keeping my eye on Android phones to see how popular they get. It wouldn't be trivial to port the code over to Android though.

bunt

Post by bunt » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:17 pm

hi sean,

i have been a long time customer of conquest (both pc and iphone) for a couple of years now and conquest is 1 of 2 games that has been a mainstay on my phone (the other is monopoly. go figure.)

first, i want to thank you. for the small fee that i paid for this game, i have had countless hours of fun and IMHO is the best, lets call it variation, of the classic risk game available.

second, and the reason im resurrecting this ancient thread, is a petition from me to PLEASE create a port of conquest for android. im not sure if you are aware, but android phones are immensely popular now, and for a long list of reasons, of which i wont go into here, i have been wanting to switch from my 3gs iphone to one of the new android devices. the only thing stopping me is that i know i'll probably go into withdrawal. the other apps/games i have can either be replaced, or done away with, but im not sure if i can w/o conquest as i wouldnt know what to do when i have a few minutes free.

please consider porting!

thanks

bunt

Post by bunt » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:19 pm

oh and if you couldnt tell, ive been so happy w/ the program that i never felt a need to create a log in and register to this forum until today.

thats how much i want a port! :D

drcursor

Post by drcursor » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:07 pm

Same here... Registered just to say the same thing..please port to android!
I bought the game for windows mobile years ago, and would buy the android version now without even blinking...

Krivvenz

Post by Krivvenz » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:36 pm

I agree. I'm not currently a game buyer but I've been playing the free version and love it. The demand on Android would be huge!

Otto

Post by Otto » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:33 pm

Mr. O'Connor,
Please hear the Android owners Plea's.
Adroids out sell i-phones 2 to 1 now.
That'll mean adding twices the i-phone Conquest sales.
Thanks for your attention to our pleading.
sincerely,
Otto and many, many other android owners.

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:24 am

I've got a friend who has done an Android port of my iPhone game WordStorm and is working on Slay right now. Conquest should be next after that!

Android phones may be more common than iPhones but the problem for us developers is that Android users spend far less than iPhone users, so you still make more money on the iPhone version than the Android version. That may change, and if Android sales keep rocketing it may become less of an issue.

dartagnan

Post by dartagnan » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:11 am

Another vote for the Android! :lol:

Shrimpeh

Post by Shrimpeh » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:56 pm

I know I've asked about this before... but is the android version any closer??? Something like 60% of smartphones use android now, I'm sure you'd make monies!

Wheely

Re: Conquest for Android

Post by Wheely » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:54 pm

I am relatively surprised by the statement that Android users spend less than iPhone users. Is this your experience, researched facts or perceived wisdom?

It may well be true of course, but more and more of us Android users are in fact ex-iPhone users so perhaps the figure will change over time. I hope so.

When I moved over to Android my biggest concerns were the tom tom app, conquest and ski tracks. tomtom is now covered :), ski tracks will be covered next month and so I just need conquest to be happy again :)

Anyway, for me conquest was always my "go to" app on the train into work and just to show you that us Android users can spend a bit of money, I have just bought "Slay" though I had no idea what it was about. I rather like it :)

chal3oye

Post by chal3oye » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:24 am

I am not sure if you are aware, but android phones are immensely popular now, and for a long list of reasons, of which i wont go into here, i have been wanting to switch from my 3gs iPhone to one of the new android devices. the only thing stopping me is that i know i'll probably go into withdrawal. the other apps/games i have can either be replaced, or done away with, but i am not sure if i can w/o conquest as i wouldn't know what to do when i have a few minutes free.
We are the leading the world in providing best pass4sure download gre and JUNIPER prep solutions. Our incredible offers for University of Chicago and examsheets gedare accessible at reasonable prices; our wikipedia ged is very rare in IT world.

Krusher

Re:

Post by Krusher » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:24 pm

Sean OConnor wrote:I'm keeping my eye on Android phones to see how popular they get. It wouldn't be trivial to port the code over to Android though.
Hi Sean,
Conquest is a great game and owns a special place in my gaming life. Please consider an Android port. I am sure it would do well.

Thank you

Kurrban

Post by Kurrban » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:09 pm

Do you have any plans to come out with an Android version of Conquest or your other games? I noticed you came out with Conquest for iphone and I understand it is fairly easy to port your iphone apps to Android. :roll: :twisted: 8)
Johni...

AgamemnoN

Post by AgamemnoN » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:25 pm

Any news concerning Conquest for Android?
I've always missed this game for my phone and it's pretty much the only reason why I would buy an iphone. That won't happen though.
Im thinking of buying it for PC, but I would much rather have it on my phone.

Take care