[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - More maps for the iPhone?

More maps for the iPhone?

A boardgame of world domination

More maps for the iPhone?

Postby MCSquared » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:30 am

MCSquared

Postby Sean OConnor » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:18 am

When I wrote the iPhone version I went down the list of all the maps that people had submitted and virtually all of them had problems (mostly too small territories that would be very hard to play on the small iPhone screen with a finger). I could have just used all of them but I thought people would be frustrated with the quality so I just used the ones that were suitable. I've now got a graphics artist working on new maps and I wrote a Map Editor program for her to use to quickly generate the .map data files. You can get a copy of the editor program here:

so there should be a constant stream of new maps suitable for the iPhone coming out. I'll also covert them to be able to be used on Windows too.
Sean OConnor

Postby MCSquared » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:24 pm

Sweet! Thanks for the prompt reply. I'll be looking forward to the new maps.
MCSquared

Postby Sean OConnor » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:56 am

BTW if you've got any favourites from the Windows list please let me know here and I'll get her to re-do them for iPhone but make sure all territories are big enough.
Sean OConnor

Postby Conquester » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:38 pm

Conquester

more maps and Mac app

Postby SequelaRick » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:55 am

I've really enjoyed the new set of maps made available a few months back but I am looking forward to the next set. You mentioned the issue of screen resolution. With the iPhone 4 enhanced resolution and iPad increased screen size I would encourage you to make more complex maps available. 3GS and earlier users may not be happy but ...

What about a Mac computer version?

Lastly, you may be familiar with a game by Delta Tao called Strategic Conquest. They have dropped the ball on one of the best strategy games out there. Any chance you could resurrect it?
SequelaRick

Postby Legacy » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:34 pm

"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!
Legacy

Re: more maps and Mac app

Postby Sean OConnor » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:18 pm

Sean OConnor

Great news

Postby SequelaRick » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:54 pm

SequelaRick

Postby Sean OConnor » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:45 am

Sean OConnor

I need my fix

Postby SequelaRick » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:13 pm

Any estimate for the next delivery of maps for the iPhone/iPad? I hate to sound like a junkie but it has been a while since the last release. Is the Map Editor program available for the Mac or just Windows?
SequelaRick

Postby Sean OConnor » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:13 pm

Sorry, the map editor is just a Windows program. I'm just finishing off an update to Topple and then I'll get on with a Conquest update. I think it'll be about a week's worth of coding for the new features and maps and then it'll take Apple another week to approve the update.
Sean OConnor

Any update?

Postby SequelaRick » Wed May 11, 2011 12:45 am

I hate to keep bugging you. I know Apple can delay releases and updates but I was hoping you could update me on when the new maps might be out?
SequelaRick

Postby Sean OConnor » Wed May 11, 2011 10:58 am

Sorry it's taken me so long but I just started working on a new Conquest update yesterday. I've added another 13 maps and I'm adding two new combat modes too: "Equal losses" for people who preferred the old way I had "no dice" working, and "All Or Nothing" which means one side loses everything in an attack but the more you attack with gives you more chance of winning.

It'll take me a few more days and then it'll take Apple 7ish days to approve the update so it will be live before the end of May.
Sean OConnor

Cannot wait!

Postby SequelaRick » Wed May 11, 2011 1:02 pm

Great, thanks for the quick reply. The extra modes should be an interesting switch.
SequelaRick

Next

Return to Conquest