[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - More maps for the iPhone?

More maps for the iPhone?

A boardgame of world domination

upgrade

Postby SequelaRick » Sun May 29, 2011 8:56 am

SequelaRick

Postby ajnoomane » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:26 pm

I would like to get more maps later after I?ve got my full version of the game. I am trying to find some games to enjoy my day playing games here. I would like to play the rats on my iPhone if it is compatible on my phone.
| |
ajnoomane

Thanks for the 5 new maps

Postby SequelaRick » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:36 pm

The 5 new maps are great! Thanks for continuing to support my favorite game on the iPhone.

I thought you might want to check out a possible error on the Cityscape map. It looks like Basilea is connected to Cellensis in the Latin Quarter (North East) even though they are blocked by Hafnia and Honoria. It might make for an interesting game where the links between countries were cryptic.

Any plans for making this an Apple desktop app?

Rick
SequelaRick

Postby Sean OConnor » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:12 pm

Thanks for spotting that and it'll get fixed in the next update. There are a couple of bugs in the new maps too so I'll get the update out very soon.

I haven't got any plans at the moment to make an MacOS version as I've never programmed for Mac before. It'd be nice if Apple just made a one click option in XCode to make our iPhone apps build to MacOS. Maybe that's something they'll do one day. Or maybe ship each Mac with an iPhone/iPad emulator.
Sean OConnor

Additional thoughts

Postby SequelaRick » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:20 pm

I can see the difficulty you must have. It is pretty clear from Lion that Apple is attempting to minimize the differences between iOS and OS but from a developers perspective the challenge is still there. I suspect some developers like the idea of selling the same product twice (e.g. Angry Birds) to the same customer. The big advantage for me would be the ability to run your bigger more detailed maps on my cinema display.

I have another suggestion. I'm sure you recall there is another game rule from the old Risk in which the person handing in cards is given an extra two armies if the cards represent the countries shown on the cards. I realize that requires handling the cards differently than you currently have them but it would be an added level of strategy.

Lastly, it would be great to be able to play other humans over the internet. Not being a developer, I have no idea how difficult that would be.

Thanks again
SequelaRick

Re: More maps for the iPhone?

Postby SequelaRick » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:39 am

OK, I will admit that I am addicted to the game and need more maps. In one of your posts you mentioned that there is someone working on this and that there should be many more soon. Could you give us an update? I was also hoping that you would come up with an OS version that would run on my computer. That would address the resolution problem you previously mentioned for iOS devices and perhaps generate some repeat business. The Galactic Maze would look great on my Cinema Display. Best wishes.
SequelaRick

Postby SequelaRick » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:24 am

It would be great to have some new maps for Christmas. Ideally some that take advantage of the new retina displays. Perhaps the addition of cards that are linked to countries for more complex play. Many thanks for a great game!
SequelaRick

Postby SequelaRick » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:56 pm

It has been a long time since I took Russian but I hope "Web Services Wizard" is agreeing with me about more new maps for Conquest and Mother of all battles.

I would also add that I play both games on an iPad Pro. It would be great to be able to zoom in and out so that I could view areas I have already explored in Mother of all battles.
SequelaRick

Previous

Return to Conquest