Major Bug

A boardgame of world domination
Akvar

Major Bug

Post by Akvar » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:18 pm

I am playing conquest on my Ipod and Ipad and for some reason I get this rather major bug. I have the latest version for the ipod and ipad, so 2.4.

Every time I play on a certain map, the screen is grey and all I see is the green bar at the bottom which says Choose a territory, the player colours and the surrender and option buttons. Everything else is grey. I found two ways to fix it so far. The first is if I am the only human and I get to choose my territory first, I can just surrender and never choose that map. If there is more than one human or if a computer is first to choose, the game freeze and I would need to delete the app and reinstall it. This only happens when I play on England, Skyland and Esterbrook. This happens on both my ipod and ipad.

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:05 am

Thanks very much for spotting that Akvar and I'm sending off an update which fixes this to the AppStore right now. It will take them a week to approve it so it should go live around the 19th October.

It seems to be caused by Windows GDI+ saving the map PNG graphic files in a format that an iPhone or iPad can't read. I use Windows GDI+ in my map editor program to tidy up the stray pixels. I must have done some tidying on those three maps and then copied them across to my Mac. The strange thing is that the iPhone/iPad simulator on the Mac can read them - but a real device can't. Very odd! The solution was quite simple though. I just double clicked on them on my Mac which brings them up in the Preview program. Then I just save them again and that seems to save the PNG file in a format that everyone is happy with.

I don't know what the technical problem is with the Windows saved format but at least there's an easy way round it.

Akvar

Post by Akvar » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:54 pm

Thanks allot. Im glad you were able to solved it. I can't wait for the new update.

tkaplan5

Post by tkaplan5 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:33 am

The England map and others are there in the new update, thanks.