[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - [iPhone] strange behavior in "no dice" mode ?

[iPhone] strange behavior in "no dice" mode ?

A boardgame of world domination

[iPhone] strange behavior in "no dice" mode ?

Postby Marvin » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:13 pm

First of all, before I ask my question, let me thank you for the great job done on Conquest and Slay, which I both own on my iPhone.

That being said, I have noticed a change in the "no dice" mode behavior since... I don't know exactly, but maybe 2 or 3 versions.

I'm not sure how to explain that...

Let's take an example : one enemy country with no army on it, and my adjacent country with 2 armies. "No dice" activated.

In the older versions, if I attacked this empty country with my two armies, I win the battle and conquer the country with 1 army left
Initial position : 2(yellow) | 0(purple)
After battle : 0(yellow) | 1 (yellow)

In the newest version, the same action "costs" me one extra army :
Initial position : 2(yellow) | 0(purple)
After battle : 0(yellow) | 0(yellow)

Note that if I take the same example, but with only 1 army in my attacking country, the behavior is the same, whatever the version :
Initial position : 1(yellow) | 0(purple)
After battle : 0(yellow) | 0(yellow)

I don't know if this change was intentional or not, but what is strange is that in the latest versions, attacking an empty country with 2 or more armies costs 2 armies to conquer it, while attacking it with only 1 army costs 1 army. That looks strange.

Did I mention that I REALLY dig the "no dice" mode and only plays diceless ? ;)
Marvin

I get the same

Postby XeXo » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:48 am

XeXo

Re: I get the same

Postby Marvin » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:34 pm

Marvin

Return to Conquest