[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - port forwarding

port forwarding

A boardgame of world domination

port forwarding

Postby dialco » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:56 pm

Does anyone in the world have an idea on how to complete port forwarding for port 4875 so this "Conquest" game will run?

Windows 7 (on the two wireless laptops trying to run the game)
Windows XP (on computer connected to the wireless router)
Cisco Linksys WRT310N wireless router
All of this behind a Netopia DSL modem from the ISP

It's a bit frustrating to buy a product and find that it has no clear instructions for getting it running. It's beginning to appear that I must also pay for the necessary information. Had I known this prior to purchasing the game (two licenses), I would not have made the purchase. I guess I can chalk up this experience to my stupidity and trusting others.

I would never offer a product of my creation that I would not stand behind.
dialco

Postby Legacy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:04 pm

A lot of us don't have a problem with it, and the problem is with Windows or your hardware firewall, not a product of Sean's programming, so your tone isn't terribly appreciated.

In any case, there are so many different combinations of software and hardware that you may need to look up specific instructions for your router. Windows 7 also has a higher degree of security software integrated into it that could be causing problems. May have to consult the Microsoft knowledge base for that.
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!
Legacy

Postby dialco » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:48 am

The previous reply is not surprising. I would still like to return the non-functioning product and receive my purchase price.

Thanks so much for the extremely helpful opinion.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) [/u]
dialco

Postby Legacy » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:36 pm

"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!
Legacy

Postby Zaranthos » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:45 pm

Zaranthos

Return to Conquest