port forwarding

A boardgame of world domination
dialco

port forwarding

Post by dialco » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:56 pm

Does anyone in the world have an idea on how to complete port forwarding for port 4875 so this "Conquest" game will run?

Windows 7 (on the two wireless laptops trying to run the game)
Windows XP (on computer connected to the wireless router)
Cisco Linksys WRT310N wireless router
All of this behind a Netopia DSL modem from the ISP

It's a bit frustrating to buy a product and find that it has no clear instructions for getting it running. It's beginning to appear that I must also pay for the necessary information. Had I known this prior to purchasing the game (two licenses), I would not have made the purchase. I guess I can chalk up this experience to my stupidity and trusting others.

I would never offer a product of my creation that I would not stand behind.

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:04 pm

A lot of us don't have a problem with it, and the problem is with Windows or your hardware firewall, not a product of Sean's programming, so your tone isn't terribly appreciated.

In any case, there are so many different combinations of software and hardware that you may need to look up specific instructions for your router. Windows 7 also has a higher degree of security software integrated into it that could be causing problems. May have to consult the Microsoft knowledge base for that.
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!

dialco

Post by dialco » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:48 am

The previous reply is not surprising. I would still like to return the non-functioning product and receive my purchase price.

Thanks so much for the extremely helpful opinion.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) [/u]

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:36 pm

The non-functioning product, in this case, is likely your computer or router. Just saying.
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!

Zaranthos

Post by Zaranthos » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:45 pm

If you can't use google and figure out how to forward a port you don't deserve to play online games. Sorry to be so blunt but your router manual and Windows firewall help should answer all your questions except for the port you need to forward and since you know that the rest is trivial.