Annoying problem in map editor

A boardgame of world domination

Is my problem interesting?

No, you're a french asshole who doesn't understand anything in life, so please stop playing Conquest now.
50%
Yes, I've never seen that before, you must be really unlucky or retarded.
50%

Total votes: 2

MKK203

Annoying problem in map editor

Post by MKK203 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:45 pm

Hello everybody,

Today I tried for the first time to create a map with the amazing map editor.

However, I met an very annoying problem: the software doesn't want to load my map: every times I try, a beautiful box appears and tell me that the "Maximum allowable link already exist in territory linking from". I know I'm a gond and regular french who doesn't really understand anything but french, but it still seems to me that this sentence is a non-sense (or at least that something is missing). So, I absolutely don't know what to do: I looked in the whole topics if anybody had the same problem than me, but it appears I'm alone on this one.

I can't get rid of this box: everytime I click on OK, it's appearing one more time, and one more time, and one more time. Of course, my map is a bitmap file, and I painted it in black and white.

I don't know either how to show you my map, but it's really not that big, with not so much territories on it (40-45); it looks like Future world for an example.

So if you could help the poor guy that I am, and explain me what I did wrong, I'd be glad.

Thank you very much

MKK203

Post by MKK203 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:32 pm

I forgot to mention I'm talking about the Sean O'Connor Map Creator.

sid6.7

Post by sid6.7 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:51 am

its actually not seans map creator

one of your territories has to many links to it from other territories.
if you run..you'll only die tired

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:19 am

> its actually not seans map creator

I've written a map editor too now! See:

http://www.windowsgames.co.uk/download/Conquest-Map-Creator-1-0-Setup.exe

> However, I met an very annoying problem: the software doesn't want to load my map

I think the problem is that when you drop a graphics file onto the Map Creator it tries to guess all the links for you to save you lots of time. I think you've made a map which has a territory that touches too many others. Send me the graphics file to sean@windowsgames.co.uk and I'll take a look at it.