rigged as hell

A boardgame of world domination
poojawamanthing

rigged as hell

Post by poojawamanthing » Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:16 am

:x i was playing the demo on very stupid (not a risk taker) and all of my dice rolls were 1s and 2s so i couldnt attack or defend and got killed in 13 turns

-oh and the comps hord the armys and i cant cuz i dont get cards every 3 turens like they do or i get repetive one that i cant ues (I.e. 2 cannons 2 muskets)

any help would be nice

BoxZone_Author

Post by BoxZone_Author » Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:31 pm

Sometimes the dice just arn't with you. Accept it and try again, hopefully things will go better next time.

"It is possible to make no wrong moves and still lose the game."

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:39 am

It doesn't seem to matter how many times I say the dice rolls are totally random, there will always be people who won't believe it! Play a long game and then click on View | History Of Dice Rolls to see that there's no cheating going on.

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:01 pm

Yep, I've had games where my victory percentage was less than 25% early on, but once I had saved my bacon and played it out, I finished at around 50%. I think my best(luckiest) finish percent was 55 or something like that. The dice is balanced and random, and as with any random system, there is always the chance of a string of good or bad things hapenning. That's what contingency plans are for.

There are two rules of tactics: always have a plan, and never rely on it.

drewid555

Post by drewid555 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:43 pm

I agree with 'poojawamanthing', it happens way too often that I attack a country that had one army when my country had 5 or 6 and I either get defeated or I barley take it.

It would not seem so rigged, except that the computer players will constantly take 2-3 countries in one turn with just 5-6 people, when I can barley take one. And they'll still have a few left to fortify the border.

Also, the computer players all tend to gang up you the second you take a continent. So much so that the best strategy is to build up all bordering countries with armies before taking the last country, because once you do that, you'll get bombarded from all sides.

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:14 am

The function I use to generate the dice throws (for both the human and computers) calls (rand()%6)+1. Windows then returns a number from 1-6. It doesn't know whether it's the human's or computer's turn.

And when the computers are playing their turns they don't 'know' whether the other players are human or computer.