Too many Ships?

Command a squadron of spaceships
Deceiver

Too many Ships?

Post by Deceiver » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:49 am

Hey guys,

I've been playing this game for about a year but this is my first time on the forums.

I've noticed that after I have made so many custom ships that some of the designs stop appearing. Is there a limit to the ship designs that appear?

If there is does this limit do a sort of check when your credits increase so the more expensive ships still appear later on?

Fusion_power

Re: Too many Ships?

Post by Fusion_power » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:23 pm

I have never tried to build more than 50 custom ships so can't say for sure if there is a limit. The basic formula for ships is that you will be presented options and can select ships with value up to 1/3 of total money available. For example, with 600 credits, ships up to 200 credits can be purchased. The program will not present ships with prices that exceed the 1/3$ amount. The ships you can purchase are further constrained by "used by race". Any ship built has to be checked for all 4 races to be available to all of them.

Dig around in my back history and there is a file that allows you to build custom ships that are then used by the AI. This adds immensely to the fun of playing.

Deceiver

Post by Deceiver » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:22 pm

Thanks for the reply.

It turns out it wasn't a limitation. It was just the randomness of ship selection. I hadn't seen several designs for around 100 games leading me to think they were no longer in the 'pool' of available ships. One of them turned up, followed by the others a few games later :shock:

I found and downloaded your 'custom AI ships'. I've not used it yet but I will be. Thank you very much for creating such a mod. It will add to the amount of play hours :D

Fusion_power

Post by Fusion_power » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:20 pm

be sure to save your ships first. Once you replace the ships file, your ships will no longer be available and won't be recoverable unless you save them first. Also, the ships I made named Orionis, Tarantula, and Betelgeuse are unusually effective combinations of abilities. Did you find the method to custom modify ships? Shields and internal components can be increased significantly beyond the capacity of the internal ship designer.

Deceiver

Post by Deceiver » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:24 pm

Yes,

I've been lurking around these forums in the shadows for some time. Watching.....Learning. :twisted:

I've seen the details on how to use the custom AI ships and how to import them and such. I've also downloaded the programme that allows you to add additional components. I'm saving them for a bit of fun later on. I like the idea of giving these uber powerful ships to the AI and struggling along with my modest but refined fleet of ships.

Thank you very much for letting me know though! I'd hate to miss out.