Critical Mass Ship Editor Utility

Command a squadron of spaceships
Fusion_power

Post by Fusion_power » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:23 pm

That is hilarious shrike. I'm running a highly modified and tweaked ship that has 10 missile launchers. You would be amazed at how hard it is to survive if 4 or 5 of them start launching missiles at a target. I've seen as many as 50 missiles all launched in the same direction at the same time. NOTHING survives that onslaught. By the way, the game only allows 5 missiles to be launched in a single turn. So if you load all 10 launchers, you only get to launch 5 of them, then the next 5 are pre-loaded and launched on the next turn. The AI ships on the other hand seem to be able to launch about 8 missiles per turn.

DarJones

shrike

Post by shrike » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:55 pm

Interesting, I've never piloted ships with more than five launchers. The AI uses them routinely though and holy cow, on missions over 100+ on major engagement missions and planet defense/attacks they throw out solid walls of missiles.

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:06 pm

Sounds like a sure way to empty the hoppers pretty quick...

...and fill your drawers.
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!

Fusion_power

Re: Critical Mass Ship Editor Utility

Post by Fusion_power » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:21 am

Bumping this up so it will be readily available for players who want to use the modified Designs.dat file to import their custom ship designs. By combining this utility with the modified Designs.dat, you can create and fly and fight ships that exceed anything Critical Mass can possibly do on its own.

DarJones