[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Critical Mass Ship Editor Utility

Critical Mass Ship Editor Utility

Command a squadron of spaceships

Postby phoenixosu » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:32 am

I have a screen shot of one of my custom ships being flown by an enemy squadron, well its my friends game but he had one of my customs in his directory and his squadmates killed it (sad panda since its the ship i usually fly as my own), not even one of my many drone ships.[/img]
phoenixosu

Postby Fusion_power » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:20 am

So a lot of folks want a way to get the enemy to use their custom ships. Well, here is your chance, but a GREAT BIG CAUTION first. Do this at your own risk. I'll tell you how, but if you goof it up, caveat emptor.

Start Critical Mass and export any ships you want to have available in the new Designs.dat file. Before you export them, check that the "used by race" check boxes are all checked. You must export each ship that you want available whether for enemy use or for your custom ships list. Very Important, if you have a game in progress, you must import all ships that are currently used in that game, otherwise it can cause problems when you start that game up. Exit Critical Mass and go to the directory where the game program files are stored.

Copy your existing Designs.dat file and place that copy someplace safe. My preference is to copy and then paste it into the Critical Mass directory and then re-name it as Designs.sav. If you do this, you will have a copy of your designs file to go back to when and if you decide to quit using this modified version. The Designs.dat file can be found in the main Critical Mass directory.

Save a copy of this modified Designs.dat file onto your computer in the Critical Mass directory so that it replaces the old file. http://www.selectedplants.com/miscan/Designs.dat

Now start Critical Mass and import 5 ships that you want the enemy to be able to use. The limit is 5 and they MUST be the first 5 that you import. Once they are imported, you will NO LONGER be able to edit them. Now import any further custom ships you want in your game. These will be fully editable and can only be used by the player.

You heap big ugly Indian if you pull this off!

Fusion

edited 2008/11/24 to fix the link for the modified designs file.
Last edited by Fusion_power on Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fusion_power

Postby sid6.7 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:15 pm

eek...although tempting...i'm a scaredy cat...
sid6.7

Postby Legacy » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:17 am

Just installed on a different machine, and am making a completely new set of custom ships, so it's the perfect time to try it out...
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!
Legacy

Postby owfio » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:44 am

owfio

Postby Kryzon » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:22 pm

Kryzon

Postby dpm_dpmartin » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:16 pm

Sorry, I don't. It's not something I've looked at I'm afraid.
dpm_dpmartin

Postby pokeman7452 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:31 pm

pokeman7452

Postby Fusion_power » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:59 pm

Fusion_power

Postby phoenixosu » Sun May 17, 2009 10:28 am

phoenixosu

Postby umeboshi110 » Sun May 24, 2009 6:43 am

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
umeboshi110