[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - The repair bot

The repair bot

Command a squadron of spaceships

The repair bot

Postby Joshua » Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:43 pm

Joshua

Postby JustLove » Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:26 am

JustLove

Re: The repair bot

Postby Sean OConnor » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:02 am

Sean OConnor

Postby Steve! » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:07 pm

hmmmm how useful are repair bots anyway. Armour is cheaper and lighter and four times more effective at taking damage so to compensate, in theory, a repair bot would have to repair 4 things, this would take approximatly 40 turns!

On mass they are effective but also expensive and heavy, currently i cant decide if i should load the rear of my ships with 4 repair or 4 stealth, or a combination of both. At this level in the game stealth is less useful as I have sturdy rear armour and there are loads more baddies to spot me, but are the repair bots worth my while?

So any opinions? Are repair bots worth the cash and the weight?

Also, can repair bots repair civilians?
Steve!

Postby BoxZone_Author » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:32 pm

BoxZone_Author

Postby McLauren » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:50 am

McLauren

Postby Old Man Johnson » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:50 am

Wait, so there's no advantage to having more than 4 repair bots?
My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby OrigamiGuy » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:16 am

"Stupid people exist to give smart people something fun to do." ~Me
"Those who can constantly quote others aren't necessarily well-read. Maybe they simply have no ideas of their own." ~Me
OrigamiGuy

Postby Sean OConnor » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:12 am

Sean OConnor

Postby OrigamiGuy » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:57 pm

"Stupid people exist to give smart people something fun to do." ~Me
"Those who can constantly quote others aren't necessarily well-read. Maybe they simply have no ideas of their own." ~Me
OrigamiGuy

Postby BoxZone_Author » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:31 pm

Sean,

If only four repair bots do anything why not impose this restriction on your designs (as you do for missile launchers).

I supposed there is a slight advantage to having more than four in case you get some of them destroyed :?
BoxZone_Author

Postby Admiral Slim » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:44 am

Happy is that city which in times of peace thinks of war!
Admiral Slim

Postby BoxZone_Author » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:15 pm

Sean,

I am highly confident that the '1 in 10 chance' of a repair bot repairing something does not apply to shields, only to 'components'. Are you willing to share the rule for repairing shields?

Also I have a suspicion that shield repair (even though much less frequent than 10% of the time per bot) may have a problem in that once all the right hand side shields are repaired, no other shields are repaired! Has anyone else seen this behaviour?
BoxZone_Author

Postby Fusion_power » Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:59 am

Shields are not repaired at all. Watch carefully and you will see that components inside the shields are repaired. The shields never are. Sean was afraid a ship that could repair its shields would be too invulnerable. His fix was to limit the repair bot to only inner components.

You should have seen a bug in one of the early betas. The repair bots would repair damaged engines but the ship would never speed back up. It was a minor bug where a variable had to be incremented to correspond to the number of engines in the ship. Of course, the current version ironed out almost all of the glitches!

What I sometimes wish the repair bots could do is generate more missiles!

What about it Sean, you game to consider that one?

Fusion
Fusion_power

Postby BoxZone_Author » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:15 am

I'm sure I've seen the repair bot repair shields (only occasionally though). I'll watch very closely and report...
BoxZone_Author

Next

Return to Critical Mass