The repair bot

Command a squadron of spaceships
Old Man Johnson

Post by Old Man Johnson » Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:24 pm

How many posts must be in a topic to be "popular"? There's some other topic that must be pretty close...
My webcomic:

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:20 pm

Is it the wsame for the cargo too?

BoxZone_Author

Post by BoxZone_Author » Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:04 pm

Attack Mining and shipbuilding facility:
beaten tonight - Mission 16. I flew the 'Jade Eye' a 136 credit ship.

http://www.btinternet.com/~boxzone/Othe ... l_Mass.htm

Fusion_power

Post by Fusion_power » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:42 am

I guess I should qualify my statement by saying that I don't consider a mission as beaten until I have killed all enemies and destroyed all targets.

You can get a successful mission earlier than mission 40 but to destroy all enemy fighters and clean the screen out is difficult.

I guess its just a bit of viciousness coming out in me, but I play Slay similarly. I.e. never accept surrender and try my best to slaughter the enemies.

Fusion

Old Man Johnson

Post by Old Man Johnson » Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:04 am

Yeah, to destroy all the turrets and ships and crap would be pretty much impossible. If you were lucky, you might take out the leaders of the squadron, which would make most of the enemy ships hyperspace...
My webcomic:

Steve!

Post by Steve! » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:09 pm

I think you could still do it before mission 40, particularly if you and your wingmen carry plenty missiles. If the turrets were light they would go down like flys

And if you do get the enemy wingleader then theres a definate chance of killing everything

Old Man Johnson

Post by Old Man Johnson » Mon May 02, 2005 6:51 pm

This reminds me of something else I have a problem with. Why do all the ships hyperspace when you get their leader?? I hate when you destroy the leader and then don't get a medal because everyone else ran. Cowards.
My webcomic:

BoxZone_Author

Post by BoxZone_Author » Mon May 02, 2005 10:32 pm

At least it's consistent (as your fleet runs when you hyperspace, eject or die).

As the leader is so important it might be nice to be able to spot them on sight. Though to be fair that would send a lot more enemies after you too...

Old Man Johnson

Post by Old Man Johnson » Tue May 03, 2005 6:00 pm

Why is it that way? It doesn't really make sense. Why don't they just fight on like in the original?
My webcomic:

BoxZone_Author

Post by BoxZone_Author » Tue May 03, 2005 10:43 pm

It does have the advantage that in most missions (just your fleet on your side) that if you eject you don't have to go get a coffee waiting for the battle to end.
I usually play a game of Slay while I'm waiting for the enemy to find my fleet of hospital ships (or whatever) in the 'defend the ...' missions if I have to eject.

Skywalker

Post by Skywalker » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:16 am

Sean O'Connor wrote:
Steve! wrote:On a more 'serious' note. The repair bot repairs civilians. Is that a bug or in the future are we all robots? :)

Ooops! I'll fix that in the next release.

I don't understand the problem here, just the funny implications. The CC is something like the cockpit, correct. Therefore, repairs to that are of functions such as life support. If the passenger is really what it says, why do civilians not need repairable items, such as heating and air recycling? If it is not, why not call it Passenger Quarters or similar?
Wing Commander Skywalker