Another Suggestion

Command a squadron of spaceships
Joshua

Another Suggestion

Post by Joshua » Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:55 pm

here's an idea for the next version:
You could make so that all the Rycrycan ships had one style, all the Starlian ships had another and so on instead of them all sharing styles and being pretty much the same except for their colors.
If all the different races had different styles of spaceships as well as diffrnt colors that would be more fun and more realalistic.
you could be able to add another ship to one of the races and then the computer would also start using those in their fleets depending on which race they were.
Tis is just a suggestion that, in my opinion would make the game much funner than it already is.
(I'm not saying that it isn't already fun--It is) :wink:

Fusion_power

Post by Fusion_power » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:16 am

Joshua,

Please study the game a bit more. This capability is already there but is restricted so that you for example can't change it. Sean can modify the ships if needed but deliberately used common groups such as the radar ships and the drones that anyone can use..

The ships are deliberately restricted so that some ships are shared and others are specific to one particular group. Take a look under the Design Ships menu and look at the standard ships, not the custom ones you can design. There are ships that are available only to the Merikons (Americans) and others that are specific to the Straylians (Australians). I'll leave it up to you to figure out who the Ryckurns and Zyans are.

Fusion

Joshua

Post by Joshua » Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:27 am

Fusion_power wrote:Joshua,

Take a look under the Design Ships menu and look at the standard ships, not the custom ones you can design. There are ships that are available only to the Merikons (Americans) and others that are specific to the Straylians (Australians). I'll leave it up to you to figure out who the Ryckurns and Zyans are.

Fusion

How am I going to figure out that? The Germans?

well what i meant was that each race should have it's own unique styles
for example the Straylian Zayo and Merkon all share the Andoconda; I'm just saying it would be more realistic if say, all the warriors belnged to one race, all the Fears belonged to another race and all the Birds belonged to another race and then you could add ships on that the computers would use in their fleet.
just a suggestion.

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:00 am

How am I going to figure out that? The Germans?

It's Africans and Asians. All the races needed to begin with a consonant or I'd have ended up with sentences like "find a Amerikon convoy".

Joshua

Post by Joshua » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:39 am

couldn't you just say find an American Convoy?

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:35 pm

Then I'd have to check for all the "a"s and replace them with "an"s every time in the mission description text. It's easier just to give all four races names beginning with consonants.

Joshua

Post by Joshua » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:21 pm

oh.
by the way, what does the repair bot do?

Joshua

Post by Joshua » Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:28 am

so if you add in new ships, will the computers eventually have them in their fleets?

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:04 am

Joshua wrote:so if you add in new ships, will the computers eventually have them in their fleets?

The computer doesn't use your custom ships (as it can't guarantee that you don't make some real stinkers!) but if you come up with some good designs please send them to me and I can put them on the website and maybe add them to the default ships in new versions.

Mr Smith

Post by Mr Smith » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:54 am

Why not include a "use in game" button similar to that of the missions? That way you can choose whether or not your ships are of a worthy standard for your enemies.

Old Man Johnson

Post by Old Man Johnson » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:18 pm

Why couldn't you just make the races all start with vowels, like it looks like they should? (complicated sentence, I know)
My webcomic:

Fighter_Ace
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Post by Fighter_Ace » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:33 am

well what i meant was that each race should have it's own unique styles

I kinda like that idea :idea:
My thanks and best regards to all my former submitters.