Here they are...

Command a squadron of spaceships
Bardash Blackridge

Here they are...

Post by Bardash Blackridge » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:39 am

Well, I finally decided that I couldn't wait any longer and have attempted to make my own webpage devoted to custom ships for Critical Mass. On this page you will find my Vashnin family of ships and I thought I would add in another family of ships I created while I was as it. The other class of ships are the Reaper family. For those of you who prefer stealth ships, these are for you. I dedicate these ships as a gift to Sean and the fans of Critical Mass.

http://members.cox.net/rypat99/index.html
Last edited by Bardash Blackridge on Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. ---H. P. Lovecraft

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:15 pm

Very visually appealing, especially the first series and the last of the Reapers.
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!

Bardash Blackridge

Post by Bardash Blackridge » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:16 pm

Thanks Legacy. The design of the Reaper kind of happened by accident. I liked the end result, so I kept the basic design. The Vashnin design was a bit more purposeful. I wanted to develop a ship with a big head and small wings. I like both the design of the Vashnin and the Mammoth Vashnin.
We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. ---H. P. Lovecraft

Bardash Blackridge

Post by Bardash Blackridge » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:42 pm

I just made a small update to my website. Through the miracle of zipping files, I now can host my ships on my website. No more external links and waiting several seconds for the download! I apologize to anyone who downloaded my ships prior to this update for the inconvenience.

Bardash Blackridge

Post by Bardash Blackridge » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:44 am

I have updated my website again, introducing the Shadow family of ships. Three of them are stealth ships. (What can I say? I love stealth!) Interestingly enough however, they function slightly differently than the Vashnin family of ships. These ships were designed to function together rather than the Vashnin class designed to function as single fighter ships meant for engaging battle solo. I promise that in my next update, I will introduce ships without any stealth at all (or very little).

Last edited by Bardash Blackridge on Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Empty Hat

Post by Empty Hat » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:51 am

does the shadow storm double as a lightning rod?

Bardash Blackridge

Post by Bardash Blackridge » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:26 am

Ha! Guess that all depends on how you fly the ship.

Son Johan

Post by Son Johan » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:25 pm

Nice ships.
I also have full Yatari ships, which I call Stealth Bomber.
The other one is 2 rows of Yatari & 1 row of plectron.

One point only: why do you put all your command centers in front? Putting 1 or 2 on the sides allows you survive longer in case your front shields are damaged.
*sigh* Humans...

Bardash Blackridge

Post by Bardash Blackridge » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:42 pm

Thanks for the comments.

The only reason I have the command centers all in the front is simply due to the way I fly my stealth ships, especially on attack missions. I usually command my squadron to circle immediately upon starting the mission as I venture forward and search for the enemy. When I encounter the enemy, I command my squadron to avoid contact and slip through the enemy squadron unnoticed. Once behind them, I quickly circle around and begin picking enemy ships off one at a time. So...very few times I get hit by a missile in the front. The added shields in the front are for those occasional fluke accidents when a stray missile hits my ship's front end.

On defense missions, I generally have learned to engage in the battle on the outskirts of the main area of conflict, thus avoiding the center of the field that usually becomes a missile pot.

However, I have made a few designs where I have scattered the command centers around. Usually for the designs where I can afford not having other ship components on certain sides.

Bardash Blackridge

Post by Bardash Blackridge » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:43 pm

I have made a new update to my site with the addition of four more custom ships I have designed. When you see the ships you may be surprised that they have no stealth. :P

Anyway, in the future I shall be adding a page devoted to screenshots that I have found amusing.

Hey, in this update, I also included quite a few useful links.

Last edited by Bardash Blackridge on Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

sid6.7

Post by sid6.7 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:58 am

good job keep up the good work man...
if you run..you'll only die tired

Bardash Blackridge

Post by Bardash Blackridge » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:07 am

Thanks!!

Well...it has been a long time. I have been lurking the forums occasionally, but have been too busy to sit down and post something. In the midst of bagpipe lessons, college studies, and work I have barely had time to breathe...until now. Without further delay, I give to you something that I have worked on the past few days. I took the time to give my custom ships site a complete overhaul to be more user-friendly. I also added eight more ship designs, four in the lion family and four miscellaneous designs. Finally, I included a link to Legacy's scrapyard to hopefully encourage him to expand on his wonderful back story he has posted. Anyway, I hope y'all enjoy the changes I have made.

Oh...I forgot to mention...I also posted several screenshots.

Conzul

Post by Conzul » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:17 pm

witty screenshots lol. I should post pics of my fleet. I have one ship called the titan, whos commader has survived long enough to max out it shielding. Darn 8perside limit!
Beware pirates bearing gifts!

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:08 am

Thanks for the link! I've got more of the story written, just not uploaded yet. Still working some details out. It's definitely NOT canon, but mostly a way to explain my ship designs, if I ever get around to putting them up.
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!

Bardash Blackridge

Post by Bardash Blackridge » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:37 pm

As reported in another thread, I have made another slightly large update to my site. I didn't want to take away from the overall subject in that thread, so I will further explain the updates in my little corner on this forum here.

Three new families have been added.

First, the Fire family:
This group of ships seem to do well as fighters/bombers. The design is loosely based on a cross between the Shark and Vampire. They are notable for their repair bots and radar. The extra shielding in the upper level designs make them great warships for later missions.

The Dragon Family:
I enjoyed creating these ships. After playing with stealth ships so long, I decided to mix things up a bit and create a fast Interceptor notable for its relatively cheap cost. I never had more fun flying these ships. The dogfights are intense and surprisingly, I come out on top most of the time. These guys make great wingmates, too.

The Seven Deadly Ships:
Obviously a spin-off of the seven deadly sins, I made these ships with no other purpose than that. They were not designed to be incredibly useful. These ships are notable for four missile launchers and nothing but plectrons for its loadout. If you want to have a bit of dangerous fun, assemble a fleet of these bad boys and let them loose in battle. Hopefully someone will come out alive.

These and more can be found at: