Do 3.0 ships work with 4.0? Do missions? Put demo games back

Command a squadron of spaceships
Old Man Johnson

Do 3.0 ships work with 4.0? Do missions? Put demo games back

Post by Old Man Johnson » Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:13 pm

Do 3.0 ships and mission work with 4.0? I'd really like to know. I have a whole bunch of each.

Demo games are fun to watch. You should put that option back.
My webcomic:

TFM

Re: Do 3.0 ships work with 4.0? Do missions? Put demo games

Post by TFM » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:14 pm

Old Man Johnson wrote:Do 3.0 ships and mission work with 4.0? I'd really like to know. I have a whole bunch of each.

Demo games are fun to watch. You should put that option back.

No they don't. And you can't pick what ships you want to have availible.

So your old squads are out...

Sean has worked VERY hard to remove the fun from the game...
TFM

Old Man Johnson

Post by Old Man Johnson » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:36 am

What do you mean? The game is still really fun. There may be some things that annoy me, but overall I guess they're for the good of the game.
My webcomic:

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:14 am

I think this game is cursed. Whatever I do to it there will always be people who say they prefer the previous versions. :(

TFM

Post by TFM » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:24 am

Sean O'Connor wrote:I think this game is cursed. Whatever I do to it there will always be people who say they prefer the previous versions. :(

I'm trying not to be mean or nasty. But, to me anyway, a game should be fun. A game where you've worked very hard to make sure we can't reload saved games, where we are not allowed to tell our squad guys what to do (in terms of hyperspacing or ejecting) and not being able to pick our ships.

I guess I'm just very frustrated with the game. I don't feel like it's very fun to play. Some of the items added into the new version are great. But you've removed most of the fun for me. I haven't played with it much since I got it.

I have quite a few ships that I made with version 3. My own squad. But I can't even import them into the new version. And after I painstakingly recreated my favroute, I can't even select it to play test it because it never shows up in the list...
TFM

Quitch

Post by Quitch » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:06 am

Well for me the fun came from death being so brutal. It gave some real spice to the fight. Haven't tried 4 yet though, and I was part of the "2 was better" crowd. Surely you weren't surprised though? 3 was so very different from 2.

TFM

Post by TFM » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:00 pm

Quitch wrote:Well for me the fun came from death being so brutal. It gave some real spice to the fight. Haven't tried 4 yet though, and I was part of the "2 was better" crowd. Surely you weren't surprised though? 3 was so very different from 2.

I never played 2. Though I'd sure like to now.

Maybe I can arrange to get it?
TFM