[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Just a wild idea... turrets on ships

Just a wild idea... turrets on ships

Command a squadron of spaceships

Just a wild idea... turrets on ships

Postby Fighter_Ace » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:12 am

I was just thinking, the game is awesome already but what about turrets ON ships? Has this ever crossed anyone's mind? Wouldn't it be cool if some ships could be equipt with turrets :roll: . Like real life. On airplanes there are turrets on most bombers of WWII. Turrets on the spaceships would be awesome!
Fighter_Ace

Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Postby McLauren » Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:20 am

I like this idea. I have thought of it before many times before.
McLauren

Postby Fighter_Ace » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:09 am

Fighter_Ace

Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Postby Steve! » Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:18 pm

what would be really great would be massive capital ships with turrets! Maybe seperate armour values for each individual turret as well as engines and stuff. It would be great to blow bits off them.
Steve!

Postby BoxZone_Author » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:23 pm

Turrets (the ability to shoot in a direction other than the one you are flying in) would take a lot of the skill (getting into position (usually behind) for the kill shot) out of the game.
BoxZone_Author

Postby Sean OConnor » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:00 am

A problem with rear facing turrets would be that when you fire a missile it starts off with your current speed and then accelerates so it would end up being fairly stationary. Try flying backwards very quickly and shoot a missile and you'll see what I mean.
Sean OConnor

Postby OrigamiGuy » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:34 am

"Stupid people exist to give smart people something fun to do." ~Me
"Those who can constantly quote others aren't necessarily well-read. Maybe they simply have no ideas of their own." ~Me
OrigamiGuy

Postby Fighter_Ace » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:52 pm

Fighter_Ace

Postby Steve! » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:01 pm

Steve!

Postby OrigamiGuy » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:12 am

"Those who can constantly quote others aren't necessarily well-read. Maybe they simply have no ideas of their own." ~Me
OrigamiGuy

Postby Fighter_Ace » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:10 am

I think, to satisfy Steve and other people on his idea, mines should have a certain amount of time before they are armed. That way, if you happen to be dog fighting and aren?t maneuverable enough but going quite fast, you can get over the mine before it arms itself.
Fighter_Ace

Postby OrigamiGuy » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:02 pm

OrigamiGuy

Postby Old Man Johnson » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:55 pm

Theoretically, if you flew backwards fast and fired Yatari's (slow) then wouldn't they sort of turn into mines because they're practically stationary?
My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby Steve! » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:03 pm

yes they do, in fact if you fly back fast enough they go backward very slowly
Steve!

Postby Old Man Johnson » Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:31 am

Yeah, I just tried it out with a fast custom ship and the Yataris actually move back pretty fast so that if you slow down even a little they outrun you. This doesn't work with other missiles, though because they have too much thrust and fuel.

But there isn't really much use to it anyway...
My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Next

Return to Critical Mass