[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Just a wild idea... turrets on ships

Just a wild idea... turrets on ships

Command a squadron of spaceships

Postby The Ranger » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:26 am

Sorry to post in an old topic, but this is hilarious. I actually killed myself once. I was in a ship that was basically a huge engine with a missle launcher. I fired off a yatari, then used my enourmous thrust to cut my speed a lot, but I didn't turn. The yatari then blew me up.
I am a Ranger.
I walk in the dark places no others will enter.
I do not break away from combat.
I stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.
I do not retreat, whatever the reason.
I live for the One, I die for the One.
The Ranger

Postby cavemaniac1 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:13 am

The one thing that we learn from history is that we don't learn from history...
cavemaniac1

Postby Old Man Johnson » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:29 am

My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby ima_gnu » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:56 am

Consider this scenario:

You flying backwards in a straight line, with no remaining forward shields. You fire a yatari and decelerate as fast as possible.

Now, reconsider your last statement ;)
I poop, therefore I am.
ima_gnu

Postby Garnier » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:53 pm

I just did that, ima gnu, and as Sean has said before, you cant die on your own missiles.
Garnier

Postby ima_gnu » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:35 pm

I poop, therefore I am.
ima_gnu

Postby Fuzzy Wonky » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:16 pm

Just tried the following a few minutes ago (Critical Mass version 4.0b):
1) made up an ad hoc super thrust ship : Thrust: 158; Turn: 0? ; cost: 39
? front: 1 command center and 1 launcher; no shield;
? side: nothing and no shield;
? rear: 8 engines; no shield;
? 5 yataris and that?s all.
2) flew backwards at full speed and shot a yatari;
3) fully reversed to decelerate as much as possible, and then forwards full speed: went through my own missile as if it just didn?t exist (even before the ship reached full speed); :shock:
4) fully reversed to decelerate as much as possible, and then backwards full speed again: same as before : just through it before the ship reached full speed?
5) did the same with all my 5 missiles: not even a scratch (I could pass through some of them several times :shock: )...
SEAN IS RIGHT, it?s impossible to even get hurt! :!:
It may seem surrealistic but it?s quite funny ! :lol:
-- --
Fuzzy Wonky

Postby ima_gnu » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:22 am

Like I said, it was four years ago :P
I poop, therefore I am.
ima_gnu

Postby Fighter_Ace » Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:49 am

I believe 'ima_gnu' has an older version. Hence you just can't pin it on him that his manifest isn't true.
Fighter_Ace

Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Postby Fuzzy Wonky » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:27 am

I didn't pin anything on anyone. He clearly mentioned "...that was...whatever version was out in the last part of 2001" and I had my try on last Friday with version 4.0b.
I read somewhere that Sean had to work a lot on that issue so that no one would get killed by his own missiles. That simply must have been done after the CM version that Ima_Gnu was alluding to was released.
I just wanted to know (curiosity, you see...) what it's like now.
-- --
Fuzzy Wonky

Postby Old Man Johnson » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:10 pm

Ok, it makes more sense now. Thanks for setting me straight.
My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby Garnier » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:00 pm

Garnier

Postby Fighter_Ace » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:07 pm

Fighter_Ace

Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Postby cavemaniac1 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:22 am

The one thing that we learn from history is that we don't learn from history...
cavemaniac1

Postby Garnier » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:28 pm

personally, i like "Trail Then Shoot!" more than any ideas we've had so far. Thats just my opinion.
Garnier

PreviousNext

Return to Critical Mass