There needs to be an iPhone version!

Command a squadron of spaceships
Prometheus

There needs to be an iPhone version!

Post by Prometheus » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:50 pm

Been addicted to critical mass for a long time now, and after playing the iPhone version of Conquest I'd love to see Critical Mass ported too. Please make it Sean!

Natsuko

Post by Natsuko » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:07 am

I agree. Though I'd prefer to play it on my Macbook, an iPod Touch version would still be pretty good. Seems like a lot of the games now are being ported to the ipod and then the mac. Hopefully this game is next on the list.

(Btw, the last time I played this game was in the mid 90's. I seriously just spent an hour trying to remember what this game was called lol. Sadly I can't play it on my macbook. So I'm really hoping for this to happen.)

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:54 pm

I can't even imagine trying to play CM on a screen as small as an iPhone. Even my old 13" laptop screen seems too small, so I stick to playing it on my 17" and once even ran it on a wall using a DLP when I had free time at school.
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!

Natsuko

Post by Natsuko » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:07 pm

It might have a small screen, but it's always possible to have zoom capabilities like some other ipod touch/iphone apps. I think it could work.

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:58 pm

I don't have a mobile device, but I'm not sure how much I'd appreciate zooming and panning all the time to decide where to turn and fire each turn.
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:58 pm

I don't have such device either, but CM already has a zooming feature, even though I don't use it too often. I more than once, though, thought how a small round of Critical Mass could liven up a train ride or a lunch break. In my opinion more feasable than for example mobile Firefight.