a noob needs help here!

Command a squadron of spaceships
ThAuBeRlEeT

a noob needs help here!

Post by ThAuBeRlEeT » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:20 pm

i dunno if it is me that is stupid here, and u will all for sure call me a noob the rest of my life, but how do i create shades on my ship?? i tried to figure it out myself but it was too god damn hard! its really annoying so if any1 can help plz respond :)

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:29 pm

In the ship editor click on a single vertex (one of the three edges of a polgyon). In the upper part of the window you will see the 'Vertex: Height' dialogue become available. That, just as it says, determines how high that certain vertex is supposed to be. The relative heights of polygon vertices make for the shading.
An example: you have a wing on your ship, select the vertices that are connected to the fuselage and set their height to 20, select the outer vertex and set its height to 50 and it will be shaded to look like the wing has dithedral.

P.S.:
You got to do way worse than asking a question to be called names around here, don't hesitate to ask, suggest or discuss.

ThAuBeRlEeT

Post by ThAuBeRlEeT » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:59 am

THX, man :D

umeboshi110

Post by umeboshi110 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:08 am

whoa, your explanation belies how intuitive the process actually is, though i'm glad he got it :)
and yeah, this isn't the kind of place where people with too much time on their hands spend it by flaming others. we are the true harcore gamers!!!1one
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)