[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Custom Ship Designs - Show off your own!

Custom Ship Designs - Show off your own!

Command a squadron of spaceships

Custom Ship Designs - Show off your own!

Postby shrike » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:29 am

I figured I'd post some of the custom designs I've made and see what people thought of them. (This is purely for aesthetics, I'm not including the design load out)

I'd love to see what other people have been doing in terms of visual ship design as well. The editor isn't precisely what I would call 'robust', but it certainly has enough latitude to create some interesting things.

They are all the same basic color scheme because I like having a distinctive and coordinated squad.

As a fun side note, the Judas has been responsible for more kills, for both myself and my wingmen, than any other ship combined.
Last edited by shrike on Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:04 am, edited 5 times in total.
shrike

Postby Legacy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:00 pm

"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!
Legacy

Postby TheKangaroo » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:33 pm

Some pretty neat ships among those. The more I see of those the more I agree on the need for a custom-ship faction.
TheKangaroo

Postby the space predator » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:05 pm

I need to write something, so i create that signature.
the space predator

Mercenaries!

Postby shrike » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:16 am

shrike

Postby Legacy » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:44 pm

Legacy

Postby Bardash Blackridge » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:27 am

Very awesome designs Shrike!

For the most part, I prefer not to mess with the color scheme of the ships that much. I am too much of a purist in that sense and I also like having my designs switch colors if I ever decide to play as another race. (I don't think I have once, though.) With that being said, those are very beautiful designs and the color design fits the pirate/rogue/mercenary possibilities quite well. I personally like the Broadsword.

FighterAce used to host a large website dedicated to showcasing his and other people's designs. However, geocities was recently canned by yahoo and that site has been lost.

Soo......

If you want to see some other people's designs, I should first direct you here:

http://www.btinternet.com/~boxzone/Othe ... l_Mass.htm

There are some pretty nifty designs on this page and it is highly responsible for inspiring me to design my own website displaying my ships which can be found here:

http://members.cox.net/rypat99/index.html

Your post comes at a great time because I have just added a fifteen ship update to my site. The new families are the Fire Family, the Dragon Family, and the Seven Deadly Ships(obviously a spin-off of the seven deadly sins).
We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. ---H. P. Lovecraft
Bardash Blackridge

Postby the space predator » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:20 pm

Incredible work!
the space predator

Postby shrike » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:39 am

shrike

Postby Sketchy » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:42 pm

Great looking ships you got there - very detailed :)
My faves are probably the Traitor, Brutus, and Cormorant.
My least faves are the Wingman, Bullwhip, and Ant series.

I've posted most of my custom fleet before, so I'll just show the ones I still regularly use:
Arrow- probably the cheapest ship that's still useable.
Scimitar- great agility and firepower, but fragile.
Polaris- unpopular with most people because of poor agility, but I like it.
Wildcat- tough, agile, fast, and stealthy - my favourite ship ever :)
Hellcat- an upgraded Wildcat - costs 150 credits, and is the most expensive ship I ever use.
Sketchy

Postby the space predator » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:29 am

cool
the space predator

Postby shrike » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:28 pm

shrike

Postby Legacy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:13 am

Legacy

Postby Sketchy » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:46 am

Thanks very much :)

I don't know if anyone would be interested, but I'm thinking about writing a short article on how to use the ship designer - the help file isn't exactly comprehensive, and there are one or two little tricks I've picked up...
Sketchy

Postby Legacy » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:07 am

Legacy

Next

Return to Critical Mass